Biocryptology Online Transaction SystemSource: Hanscan
With the introduction of Hanscan's patented SPADE terminal, the Biocryptology® Online Transaction System is designed to be the most secure online transaction solution in the market. eBooking, eLearning, eBanking, eVoting, EHR transmissions, etc. can be executed with extreme resistence to attacks such as spoofing, sniffering, or phishing. A secure online transaction is effected by utilizing our USB based SPADE terminal connected to a computer (PC). The PC acts as a gateway between the SPADE and the System Control Unit and/or the Hanscan Data Centre. All the information related to the transaction takes place between the two points; SPADE and server. The SPADE terminal can also be used as a highly secure, encrypted mobile storage device for use in transporting any kind of sensitive data.
System hardware configuration
This BIOCRYPTOLOGY® Online Transaction System comprises the following elements:
- Ultra Secure Locks (optional)
- Secure SCU
- Secure Hanscan Data Center
- Security of communications is guaranteed, regardless of the computer to which the SPADE is connected. Any attack using virus, Trojans, etc. are resisted as a result of the operation taking place inside the SPADE/hardware.
- All the necessary information to execute the transaction is managed and encrypted inside the secure SPADE device.
- Security of communications is guaranteed regardless of the physical environment - the whole encryption process takes place at the application level using a nonlinear key generator (based on hardware).
- The System Control Unit (SCU) is supplied by Hanscan. This server contains the management software for the entire system. It stores all registered user data and the events that occur in any of the SPADE or other terminals connected to the computers of the network.
- The Hanscan Data Center can be used to authenticate enrolled users for any transaction type, such as for banking, eCommerce, etc.
- The SPADE terminal can be used anywhere in the world.
- An internal memory up to 64GB can be used to store sensitive information. Only the owner(s) of a personalized SPADE can retrieve its encrypted data.
- The OS we use is Linux and the database management system is PostgreSQL.
- MABAS online transactions software is installed in the System Control Unit (local server), thereby facilitating the formation and adaptation of the final solution. Our software is designed to operate within a network (intranet) or in this case, through the Internet (secure transactions globally).
- The MABAS online transactions software can be updated remotely. Because of our complex security mechanisms that support robust authentication and coupled with our encryption scheme, the ability to inject malicious code into the system is not possible.
- Any Hanscan solution can be integrated with third parties (governments, banks and other data centres) through Web Services or any other traditional means of integration. In this sense, security systems between the Hanscan Data Center and the external entity will be marked by world standards with use of AES, RSA and X.509 certification, among others.
Specific Safety Features and Integration
- All data stored on the System Control Unit (local server) and all network traffic is encrypted at all times, including all biometric data, identity cards, bank cards, SSN's, etc.
- The encryption performed in the System Control Unit is not executed by software, thus preventing access to the file encryption keys. Instead, the System Control Unit encrypts information via an electronic encryption system, avoiding the storage of a security key and making the data unreadable to anyone, including Hanscan.
- The Hanscan solutions can be customized and invoked remotely through an API with all the necessary functions to manage the system. The API is based on web services.
- The client server is able to request data from the Hanscan server. So, if integration by other software is desired with our MABAS software, it can be done simply by using the Hanscan API.
- All Hanscan biometric terminals employ digital signature mechanisms that prevent the replacement of the System Control Unit and/or the Hanscan Data Centre.
Any Hanscan solution can be integrated with third parties (governments, banks and other data centres) through Web Services or any other traditional means of integration. In this sense, security systems between the Hanscan Data Center and the external entity will be marked by world standards with use of AES, RSA and X.509 certification, among others.