Level Platforms Launches Managed Workplace 2010
LPI Level Platforms Inc. recently announced the immediate availability of Managed Workplace 2010, marking a major milestone in the evolution of its industry leading agentless platform for solution providers offering managed services to their small and mid-sized customers.
A small sampling of these features includes:
- Onsite Utilities providing one-click access to a collection of troubleshooting and remote access tools that do not impact the end user make troubleshooting multiple remote devices easier than ever
- Website Console allowing one-click remote access to web-based administration interfaces for network devices and applications
- Device Search by last logged in user, device name, asset tag, model, manufacturer, etc. with extensive filtering and export features
- Significant new Intel vPro productivity enhancements including autodiscovery of vPro devices, as well as Serial Over LAN (SOL) and IDE-Redirect (IDE-R) support, enabling remote imaging of non-functioning devices
- Roaming Devices offers a production preview version of the all-new Offsite Assistant a secure zero-touch network connection service allowing a roaming laptop to be managed as if it was connected to the LAN
- 66 new bundled Policy Modules offering best practices management for products from AVG, Acronis, Adaptec, Bandspeed, Cisco, Citrix, Dell, D-Link ESET, Kaspersky, Konica Minolta, IBM, Intronis, Microsoft, Netgear, Panda, Trend Micro, Vaultlogix, Xerox and others, adding to the current list of many hundreds of out-of-the-box best practices Policy Modules from more than 100 leading vendors
- 158 partner-requested productivity improvements with more extensive parsing of SNMP traps, system log improvements, enhanced network scanning, simplified installation and upgrades and resolution of issues reported over the past year
Level Platforms Partners that received Managed Workplace 2010 in the official partner release on Monday, January 11 welcomed the flood of new features and enhancements.
"I anticipate that the speed and usability improvements in Managed Workplace 2010 will literally save us, and our customers, weeks of time over the coming year. This will translate into cost savings for everyone. Even simple things like being able to search devices more efficiently and track last logged in user are already making my life easier," said Matt Baack, IT Systems Engineer at ‘Solutions', Inc. based in Spencer, Iowa. "Many of our customers—some of them a six-hour drive away—have Intel vPro-enabled devices and it's especially cool that we can now watch a machine fire up and power on without Windows running, and without having to make the trip. We'll also be able to remotely power-cycle these devices to save our customers on energy costs—and anywhere you can save customers money is a plus!"
"On behalf of Digica Solutions, thank you Level Platforms for Managed Workplace 2010. The platform overall is extremely impressive and the way you support your Partners is unrivalled. Level Platforms has gone above and beyond to understand what Digica's business objectives are, and then implement new features to allow us to be more profitable," said Chris Stock, Director of Professional Services, Digica of Vaughan, Ontario. "The new Onsite Manager Utilities have been an absolute blessing! We look forward to an increasingly profitable partnership in the years to come."
"Managed Workplace 2010 represents a new milestone in the evolution of agentless remote monitoring and management technology," said Peter Sandiford CEO Level Platforms. "The agentless model is clearly the only way to go for the future of managed services as virtualization, cloud services, SaaS, unified computing and ubiquitous mobility replace the traditional client-server computing model."
Level Platforms also announced that the full production release of its groundbreaking Offsite Assistant and Offsite Gateway technology would be released in 30 days, as soon as the thousands of partners worldwide absorb the hundreds of new features and benefits of Managed Workplace 2010.
About Level Platforms
With thousands of Partners in 30 countries, Level Platforms is the leading provider of managed services software for IT solution providers servicing small and mid-sized end customers through its award-winning agentless remote monitoring and management software, Managed Workplace. Level Platforms provides everything a Managed Services Provider needs to remotely monitor and manage their complete end customers' IT environment through a single web-based central dashboard—the platform for today, and for tomorrow. Managed Workplace Service Center is available in an On Premise Edition designed for installation at the solution provider's site or a Hosted Edition, a massively scalable, multi-tier, multi-tenant product, offering the full range of features and functions for SaaS and Cloud hosting service providers. For more information, visit Level Platforms at www.levelplatforms.com.
SOURCE: Level Platforms