OpenText Forms Business Process Solutions Group Bringing Together World-Class Capabilities Of Recent Global 360 And Metastorm Acquisitions
OpenText reveals product roadmap, showcases new social BPM and mobile features at OpenText BPM User Summit this week
OpenText BPM User Summit – OpenText recently reveals its recently formed Business Process Solutions (BPS) group bringing together the capabilities of the recent Global 360 and Metastorm acquisitions. The OpenText BPS mission is to deliver dynamic business process and case management solutions that drive innovation, business agility and customer satisfaction. OpenText also recently reveals its business process management (BPM) product strategy and first integrated offerings following the recent acquisitions.
The OpenText BPS platform uniquely addresses a greater breadth of use cases including document, content and case-centric processes as well as straight-through processing. The platform helps customers to achieve better outcomes as it's the only complete offering to address strategic planning through to execution of the solution. The software suite also provides a better customer and employee experience through a people-centric user interface tailored for how people work.
The new OpenText BPS product strategy drives continuous innovation through:
- Enterprise mobility enabling users to fully participate in or initiate business processes via smart phones. Mobile access enables businesses to make more dramatic improvements to their processes and how they interact with customers, employees, suppliers, and partners across all channels of communication.
- Social workspace that increases efficiency and effectiveness through user experience that empowers the individuals that do the work
- Flexible cloud deployments by offering solutions-as-a-service, on-premise deployments, private cloud deployments, public cloud deployments, OpenText hosted deployments or a hybrid of the options
- Content integration designed to harness information across the enterprise to provide content in context of the work performed and improve customer experience across channels
- Business visualization enabling organizations to envision and innovate processes from strategy to execution
The OpenText BPS product strategy is accelerated through a strong global network of partners including SAP, Microsoft and Oracle, as well as a strong global base of more than 3,100 customers.
John Shackleton, President and Chief Executive Officer, OpenText, stated, "Business process solutions are a critical part of OpenText's evolution and represent a growth opportunity that extends and augments existing enterprise content management investments."
OpenText BPS solutions, such as new client on-boarding, aggregate spend, and information technology staff augmentation (ITSA) for services management, are designed to deal with fragmented processes by better empowering people to work more efficiently while giving management the visibility to focus on measuring and meeting goals.
Customers gain significant additional value through the OpenText BPS platform, including:
- Extending reach by connecting with new constituents anytime, anywhere
- Optimizing business interactions by enabling social collaboration inside and outside the company. For example, allowing faster and better interactions with peers and the ability to collaborate with subject matter experts.
- Accelerating solution deployments by leveraging the cloud to help reduce cost and time-to-market
- Harnessing enterprise information to provide clear context to assist the company to make better decisions
- Pursuing continuous innovation to rapidly envision and implement process transformations
Kamran Kheirolomoom, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Business Process Solutions, OpenText, stated, "The focus of business process management is shifting from automation to innovation, differentiation, business agility, and improved customer satisfaction. OpenText BPS provides the solutions necessary for businesses to retain a competitive edge in this age of transformation. We gain a deep understanding of our customer's problem and look at the spectrum of processes required, who's involved in the process, and the metrics that are important to the business in order to help each customer achieve success."