Panasonic Unveils New Lite-ray POS Workstation
Panasonic is introducing the newest addition to their line of award-winning POS workstations. The Lite-ray™ POS workstation offers Panasonic performance and reliability with an open platform that provides the flexibility to accommodate virtually any POS software application from virtually any industry. Its compact size and all-in-one design deliver an array of functionality usually only found in higher priced systems at an affordable price.
"Our objective with Lite-ray is to provide the store owner or manager a high quality POS solution at an affordable price with a competitive 3 year warranty," said Sam Miyakodani, Group Manager of Panasonic System Networks Company. "And with the ability to purchase from almost any reseller, it's easy to get up and running."
With a design based on Panasonic's industry-leading Stingray workstation, Lite-ray is purpose-built with a fanless design featuring fewer moving parts. Its Intel® Atom™ Processor is power-optimized to deliver more robust performance per watt and the open architecture supports Microsoft Windows® including both standard and embedded platforms, along with Linux.
Lite-ray comes equipped with a 15" dual backlight, high resolution/high contrast anti-glare LCD, which can be adjusted to accommodate for various lighting conditions or employee heights. Its Resistive Touch Panel can even accommodate users when they must wear gloves. And the rear or customer-facing LCD enables dynamic POP (Point of Purchase) selling to help increase profits while saving counter space.
Backed by a three-year warranty, the new Lite-ray POS workstation is durable and reliable even in severe environments to withstand spills, static, dust, dirt, shock, grease, extreme temperatures and humidity. Additionally any of the following options can further customize the POS solution:
- Optional second HDD with RAID 0, 1 support provides data protection and backup
- Optional internal uninterrupted power supply ensures smooth system shutdown and recovery in the event of sudden power loss
- Optional security features include fingerprint reader or Dallas Key for operator ID verification
- Storage options to support any POS configuration include either one or two 2.5" HDD or Solid State Disks (SSD) or a combination of both
- Optional rear-facing 2-line vacuum fluorescent display confirms orders, improving order accuracy
- Second LCD port for 15" rear display option enables graphical suggestive selling and order confirmation
- Optional integrated magnetic card reader (credit card swipe) is mountable in two different positions to save counter space
For more information, contact Panasonic by calling toll free 1-877-PANAPOS (1-877-726-2767) or visiting www.panasonic.com/pos.