Quest Software Takes Its Leadership In Migration To The Next Generation
New OnDemand Migration for Email is the Company's Latest Solution to the Need for a Secure, Cost-Effective way to Move Email to the Cloud
Building on its more than 10 years as a leader in the migration market, Quest Software, Inc., now offers a solution that helps organizations migrate from on-premise Microsoft Exchange or Google Gmail environments to the Microsoft Office 365 cloud email platform, enabling them to take advantage of the functionality and convenience presented by the cloud. Quest OnDemand Migration for Email moves users and data simply and securely, without requiring companies to install or maintain software for the move. The solution is ideal for small businesses, distributed enterprises, and even educational institutions that want to migrate student and staff users and data from Exchange or Gmail to the Live@edu cloud email platform.
- Quest's OnDemand family of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions, which simplify Windows management tasks without the need for traditional on-premise software deployment and maintenance, originated in 2010 with OnDemand solutions for Active Directory recovery and Windows log management. OnDemand Migration for Email is the first Quest migration product to be included in the OnDemand offerings. The solution is available in a Self-Service Edition that enables users to migrate their email, calendars and folders on their own with very little effort or technical knowledge, and represents Quest's first self-service migration offering. It also is available in an Administrator Edition that allows administrators to migrate multiple users simultaneously.
- For administrators, the Quest OnDemand Migration for Email Administrator Edition provides:
- Multi-threaded migration to support multiple, simultaneous migrations;
- The flexibility to migrate email, calendars and folders in a phased approach;
- Data filtering to clean up unwanted data and complete the migration faster by filtering email data and calendar events by age, excluding source email folders by name , or changing the destination folder name;
- Mailbox authentication by authorized administrators who can migrate user mailboxes without knowing or resetting user passwords
- For users, the Quest OnDemand Migration for Email Self-service Edition offers the following:
- Easy set-up, which allows the migration project leader to specify the email addresses of users who need to migrate;
- Simplified self-migration, email notification prompts the user to complete the migration using only their email address and password;
- Contextual help according to the screen the user is currently viewing;
- Migration project monitoring keeps the project leader apprised of who has and hasn't migrated
- Quest's pay-as-you-go pricing model provides flexibility for you to migrate all your users at once, or spread the investment over time. OnDemand Migration for Email is generally available in North America only for $10 (USD) per migrated user account. Simply go to the Quest OnDemand Portal and subscribe to the service, select the edition that best fits your needs, migrate your users, and the service is billed each month based on your actual usage.
Nick Nikols, vice president and general manager, Windows for Quest
"Over the past 10 years, Quest has migrated more than 30 million mailboxes, and, as more and more organizations are looking to leverage the cloud for high availability, simplified management and cost-savings, we have enhanced our OnDemand offerings by taking our leadership and expertise in migration to the next level. Quest OnDemand Migration for Email migrates email users and data quickly and reliably without on-premise deployment, ensures the security of confidential data during the migration, and provides pay-as-you-go options so the investment can be spread over time. Quest truly is moving the migration market forward with everything we deliver in OnDemand Migration for Email."
Jeremy Mahler, director, Technical Operations, Hickory Farms
"We were looking for a solution to migrate our organization from Google Gmail to Microsoft Office 365 quickly and without any disruption of service. Bennett Adelson and Quest Software made our migration painless and met our tight timeline, so we consider our migration project a success."
Dan Cicerchi, vice president, Bennett Adelson
"The combination of Quest's innovative software and our expert services has served our mutual customers well. The Hickory Farms project is just another example in action of this strong partnership. If we couldn't complete the migration in the one-month timeframe, then Hickory Farms would have had to postpone the migration until another one-year contract with Google was up. That would have meant struggling with corrupted documents for another holiday season, which is a critical time for Hickory Farms. Therefore, delaying this migration was not an option."
- Quest Software, Inc.: http://www.quest.com/
- Quest OnDemand Migration for Email: http://www.quest.com/OnDemand-Migration-For-Email/
- Quest OnDemand Migration for Email white paper: http://www.quest.com/documents/landing.aspx?id=15488
- Quest OnDemand Migration for Email webcast: http://www.quest.com/events/ListDetails.aspx?ContentID=15487
- Administration and automation: http://www.quest.com/administration-and-automation/
- Data protection: http://www.quest.com/data-protection/
- Development and optimization: http://www.quest.com/development-and-optimization/
- Identity and access management: http://www.quest.com/identity-management/
- Migration and consolidation: http://www.quest.com/migration-and-consolidation/
- Performance monitoring: http://www.quest.com/performance-monitoring/
Quest Software administration and automation, data protection, development and optimization, identity and access management, migration and consolidation, and performance monitoring, go to simplifies and reduces the cost of managing IT for more than 100,000 customers worldwide. Our innovative solutions make solving the toughest IT management problems easier, enabling customers to save time and money across physical, virtual and cloud environments. For more information, visit www.quest.com.
SOURCE: Quest Software, Inc.