Access Control And Video Surveillance News From April 2014
Each month, Business Solutions reports news on business in the channel. This month in Access Control And Video Surveillance news, Genetec’s Stratocast is updated with new features, Axis adds a new camera series, Samsung expands its megapixel camera lineup, Cognitive TPG launces an on-demand security printing solution, WavestoreUSA updates its video surveillance software, Arecont adds new cameras to its line, and ScanSource Security announces and education and training program.
Genetec’s Stratocast Updated With New Features
Genetec, a provider of unified IP security solutions, has added new features to Stratocast, its cloud-based Video Surveillance-as-a-Service (VSaaS). Powered by the Microsoft Azure cloud-computing platform, it is designed to meet the needs of SMBs. The solution features support for Axis multichannel encoders to facilitate migration of analog systems and geo-redundancy for an advanced failover mechanism. Enhancements include a new health monitoring dashboard that provides channel partners with warnings of system events and information about the client and related cameras. In-app branding allows partners to add their logos within the Stratocast client, as well as customize their Stratocast landing page to increase their company’s visibility to end users.
Axis Adds New Camera Series
Axis Communications is debuting its new AXIS P14 series of day-and-night network cameras. The series consists of seven cameras offering a range of resolutions — including the AXIS P1428-E Network Camera, the company’s first 4K, or Ultra HD, camera. This camera has video resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels at 30 frames per second and is scheduled for release in Q3. Cameras in the series feature IR illumination, remote zoom and focus, a built-in slot for micro SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards, and input-output connectors for interfacing with external devices. They also provide improved support for simultaneous streaming of multiple, individually optimized video streams and for the AXIS Camera Application Platform, which enables installation of additional intelligent video applications such as AXIS Video Motion Detection 2.1 and AXIS Cross Line Detection.
Samsung Expands Megapixel Lineup
Samsung Techwin America has announced several new cameras, including the following models:
- The SNF-7010VM is a 3-megapixel, 1080p HD camera with a fisheye lens, digital pan/tilt/zoom (PTZ), bidirectional audio, and M12 connector for secure installation in mobile applications.
- The SNB-6010 provides 2-megapixel, full HD images at 30 frames per second. It features wide dynamic range (WDR) of 120dB, a defog function to improve images in harsh environmental conditions, and intelligent video analytics, including advanced motion, tampering, virtual line, enter/exit, appear/disappear, and face detection.
- The SNP-6320/6320H 32x 2-megapixel, PTZ dome cameras also feature WDR of 120dB, defog function, and intelligent video analytics. These cameras provide auto-tracking and boast a pan/tilt speed of 700 degrees per second.
- The SNV-6013 is a vandal-resistant network micro-dome camera. The 2-megapixel camera provides 1080p HD images at 60 frames per second and employs Samsung Super Dynamic Range and Samsung Digital Noise Reduction. It provides high-quality images in as little as 0.3 lux. Additional features include intelligent video analytics, micro SDX/SDH/SDXC for local recording and storage, video quality adjustment, bitrate control technology, up to 10 streaming profiles, and privacy masking.
CognitiveTPG Launches On-Demand Security Printing Solution
CognitiveTPG is offering a new, on-demand, thermal printing solution called DocuShield. The solution combines blank media with a thermal printer that is capable of embedding security features into the media on demand. The printer is paired with a cloud-based and smartphone application for track and trace capabilities. Applications for this solution include prescription labels, entertainment and admission wristbands, secure receipts, and product labels that require security features to prevent counterfeiting.
WavestoreUSA Updates Video Surveillance Software
WavestoreUSA, a provider of professional digital video and audio recording solutions for video surveillance applications, has released V5.44, the latest version of its advanced IP video surveillance software suite. With V5.44, WavestoreUSA unveils WaveEye, the company’s new mobile application for iPhone and Android smartphones and tablets, which allows users to stream and review video from any location. WaveEye enables four live camera views and recorded playback, while WaveEye LT delivers support for one live camera view. In addition, the new software platform is now fully compatible with facial recognition and access control solutions from Herta Security. V5.44 also now supports high-frame-rate cameras and MPEG-2 encoders, and it is compliant with ONVIF Profile S enhancements.
Arecont Vision Adds New Cameras
Arecont Vision is offering several new IP megapixel cameras including the following:
- The MegaVideo 4K (3,840 x 2,160 pixels) ultra-high-definition camera provides a total resolution of 8.3 megapixels (MP) at 30 frames per second. The camera features a 1-inch image sensor and technology capable of producing images in both bright and low-light environments.
- SurroundVideo Omni cameras are scheduled to begin shipping in June 2014. The omni-directional camera systems feature four, multi-megapixel sensors that can be individually adjusted to capture different fields of view within a full 360-degree range. The cameras include 270-degree panoramic coverage using three image sensors and a fourth image sensor aimed straight down. The cameras are available in 12-MP WDR (wide dynamic range) and 20-MP configurations.
- The MegaVideo Compact Dual Sensor Day/Night camera combines a color, 3-MP image sensor with WDR and a monochrome, 1.2-MP image sensor. The dual sensor configuration captures detailed images in changing lighting conditions by switching from color WDR to monochrome imaging when light levels fall below a specified threshold or by streaming images from both sensors simultaneously.
- The MegaBall 2 with an ImmerVision Panomorph lens has the capability to capture 180-degree and 360-degree fields of view with dewarping to provide up to four times the angular resolution in peripheral areas of a scene compared to conventional fisheye lenses.
- The SurroundVideo12MP WDR 360-degree camera features Arecont Vision’s WDR technology to capture detail in both bright and dark areas of a scene. True mechanical infrared (IR) cut filters optimize performance in low light.
ScanSource Security Announces Education And Training Program
ScanSource Security On-Demand, an online education and information portal for security and networking dealers and resellers, is now available. Resellers can use On-Demand to access product reviews, technical training tips, and information that outlines the features and functionality of security and networking products. Details of security related to specific vertical markets are also available. The “Marketing Minute” feature provides key marketing tools that can help resellers enhance their businesses, and “Money Matters” provides insight into businesses finances.