Axis Launches Nitrogen-Pressurized Stainless Steel PTZ Dome Cameras With HDTV Quality
Three new outdoor-ready AXIS Q60-S Series IP cameras are rust-free, withstand high pressure steam cleaning and are pressurized to prevent condensation; Includes cameras with shock detection, image stabilization and automatic defog
Axis Communications, the market leader in network video, announces three new top-of-the-lines AXIS Q60-S PTZ Dome Network Cameras with nitrogen-pressurized stainless steel casings. The rust-free, install-ready cameras resist the corrosive effect of sea water and cleaning chemicals and can withstand high-pressure steam cleaning. The nitrogen-pressurized housings also prevent internal condensation. These features make AXIS Q60-S Series ideal for surveillance and remote monitoring of marine, mining, oil and gas environments, as well as food, medical and clean room manufacturing facilities.
The three new outdoor-ready, marine-grade stainless steel cameras enable 360deg coverage of wide areas in different resolutions and optical zoom
- AXIS Q6042-S provides Extended D1 resolution and 36x optical zoom;
- AXIS Q6044-S offers HDTV 720p and 30x optical zoom with nearly three times better light sensitivity than the industry norm for HDTV cameras, enabling excellent video quality in low-light conditions;
- AXIS Q6045-S supports HDTV 1080p and 20x optical zoom for superb detailin wide and zoomed-in views.
All AXIS Q60-S cameras support shock detection, which mechanically detects and triggers an alarm if the camera is hit. Additionally, AXIS Q6042-S and AXIS Q6044-S provide electronic image stabilization to reduce the effects of camera vibrations -- i.e. from wind or traffic -- to provide clearer, more useful video. AXIS Q6044-S also supports automatic defog, which detects and digitally filters out fog in the scene for clearer video.
Furthermore, on top of auto-tracking and Active Gatekeeper functionality -- which are available in all AXIS Q60 models -- AXIS Q6045-S has additional built-in video analytics including highlight compensation to mask bright lights for ease of viewing, object removed, fence detector, object counter and enter/exit detection.
"AXIS Q60-S cameras provide exceptional video surveillance and high durability for reliable performance in demanding indoor and outdoor environments," says Erik Frännlid, Axis' director of product management. "The stainless steel models are the latest additions to our newly upgraded AXIS Q60 PTZ Dome Series."
AXIS Q60-S cameras, with SAE 316L stainless steel and a nylon clear dome cover, can operate in -22deg F to 122deg F (-30deg C to 50deg C). They have IP66, IP6K9K, NEMA 4X and MIL-STD-810G 509.5 approvals to ensure protection against dust, rain, high pressure/steam jet cleaning, snow, ice and salt fog. Stainless steel mounting accessories are sold separately.
The cameras come with a multi-connector cable and media converter switch to allow for network connection using standard network or fiber optic cables. The switch also enables connection to 12 V power as well as to external alarm devices via two configurable input/output ports.
AXIS Q60-S cameras are now available through Axis distribution channels. The suggested retail price for AXIS Q6042-S is $5,499; AXIS Q6044-S is $5,799; and AXIS Q6045-S is $5,999.
Additional features of AXIS Q60-S cameras include
- Support for H.264 Main Profile for efficient video compression thatMaintains image quality while minimizing bandwidth use and storage space.Other supportedcompression formats are H.264 Baseline Profile and Motion;JPEG.
- Adjustable day/night functionality to automatically shift between daymode (when video is presented in color) and night mode (when video ispresented in black andwhite) to take advantage of infrared light in lowlight situations.
- Guard tour that enables the cameras to be automatically directed to 256preset positions.
- AXIS Camera Application Platform for installation of additionalintelligent video apps.
- Built-in slot for full-sized SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card to store recordings locally.
AXIS Q60-S cameras are supported by the industry's largest base of video management software through the Axis Application Development Partner Program, AXIS Camera Station and the complimentary AXIS Camera Companion. The camera also includes support for AXIS Video Hosting System for hosted video installations and ONVIF for easy camera system integration.For more information, visit http://www.axis.com/products/q60_series/index.htm.
About Axis Communications
Axis offers intelligent security solutions that enable a smarter, safer world. As the global market leader in network video, Axis is driving the industry by continually launching innovative network products based on an open platform - delivering high value to its customers and carried through a global partner network. Axis has long-term relationships with partners and provides them with knowledge and ground-breaking network products in existing and new markets.
Axis has more than 1,600 dedicated employees in more than 40 countries around the world, supported by a network of over 60,000 partners across 179 countries. Founded in 1984, Axis is a Sweden-based company listed on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm under the ticker AXIS. For more information, visit www.axis.com.
SOURCE: Axis Communications