BlueArc SiliconFS File SystemSource: BlueArc Corporation
BlueArc's SiliconFS File System is central to the Titan and Mercury network storage families' unique functionality and serves as the common point of integration for all elements of a storage solution – storage servers, information services and the storage ecosystem. SiliconFS is the engine that manages all data movement, delivering predictable sustained performance across the storage pool. It not only optimizes core File Services and Intelligent Tiered Storage, but it maps storage assets to applications, virtual clients or the data life cycle.
- Hardware-accelerated architecture leverages parallel processing to remove traditional performance bottlenecks
- Enables a comprehensive set of virtualization tools to simplify administration of file system functions
- Spans single nodes, server clusters, virtual servers and extends to external storage devices
- Common namespace and mixed-mode security for simultaneous access to native CIFS and NFS based files from shared directories
- iSCSI for block-based access concurrently supported The combination of BlueArc's patented hardware-accelerated architecture and SiliconFS file system provides tremendous benefits to BlueArc customers.