Brother Mobile Solutions Introduces Innovative RuggedJet™ 4-Inch Mobile Printers
Advanced Technology Delivers Fast Print Speeds, Guaranteed Durability, and Versatile Functionality
Brother Mobile Solutions, Inc. a wholly-owned subsidiary of Brother International Corporation and premier provider of products for the mobile workforce, recently announced its next-generation line of mobile printers. Joining the company's lauded PocketJet® and MPrint™ series mobile printers, RuggedJet™ will be a fast and reliable mobile printing solution in today's marketplace.
Delivering print speeds of up to five inches per second (ips), the Brother RuggedJet™ uses an efficient mobile printing technology, allowing fast throughput to help boost productivity. The RuggedJet™ versatile design allows the technology to be used for a wide range of receipt and label printing applications with output sizes from two to four inches, providing a wide range of applications across multiple vertical markets, including:
- Public safety
- Field Service
- Route Accounting
- Manufacturing and Warehouse
The Brother™ RuggedJet™ mobile printer is supported by an industry-leading, "bumper-to-bumper" warranty* that covers any defects or damage for two years under normal usage. With this warranty, if a potential problem can't be repaired, a replacement is issued – helping to lower the total cost of ownership.
Additional RuggedJet™ features designed for best-in-class organizations include:
- Tough Construction – IP54 certification and six-foot drop protection mean that water, dust or drops won't affect the printer's operation under normal conditions.
- Ergonomic Design – Easy to load media and intuitive interface controls.
- Low Maintenance Costs – With direct thermal technology, the only consumable is paper or labels. No worries about ink or toner
- Wide Range of Connectivity Options – Bluetooth® technology or WiFi wireless connectivity, with enterprise WLAN security to handle applications inside or outside your four walls.
- Higher Memory Capacity – Larger print buffer for increased throughput and more memory to store optional fonts.
- Industry Standard up to 203 dpi Resolution – Ensures compatibility with existing mobile applications.
- Wide Selection of Resident and Downloadable Fonts – RuggedJet™ offers a library of fonts to enhance printing.
- Support for Major Linear and 2D Barcodes – Ensures compatibility with existing applications and provides the latest technology for new applications.
- Wide Variety of Accessories** – Optional magnetic card reader, vehicle mount, vehicle chargers, 4-bay battery charger, AC adapter, weather case, shoulder strap and in-vehicle adapter.
"The use of mobile technology has been on the rise as businesses deploy mobile solutions to help become more productive, lower operating costs, gain a competitive advantage and service customers more effectively," said David Crist, vice president of Brother Mobile Solutions. "Our RuggedJet™ mobile printer line was specifically designed after listening closely to the needs and concerns of both current and potential clients to help them meet and surpass each of these goals."
The RuggedJet™ printer is available in two models, the RuggedJet™ RJ-4030 with USB, Serial and Bluetooth® technology interfaces and the RuggedJet™ RJ-4040 with USB, Serial and WiFi interfaces. Each model uses the proven and reliable direct thermal printing technology, which provides several benefits, including: Low maintenance costs; higher reliability than other technologies due to fewer moving parts; quiet printing; and the ability to use the printer in just about any orientation. The compact, ergonomic and lightweight design of the RuggedJet™ allows the innovative printers to easily fit in places where space is limited.
RuggedJet™ is the newest addition to Brother Mobile Solutions' successful mobile printer product line. With this new form factor, the RuggedJet™ gives Brother a full product suite to address mobile applications requiring outputs ranging from four-inch roll to A4 and A6 cut-sheet to full-page, 8 ½" x 11."
During the launch of RuggedJet™, Brother Mobile Solutions will be giving away two pairs of VIP Experience tickets to the 2012 Daytona 500® each month from October through January. For more information and how to register, please visit: www.brotherruggedjet.com
RuggedJet™ shipments begin in early January 2012.
*See limited warranty for details. For warranty information, ask your Brother Mobile Solution, Inc, sales representative or visit www.brothermobilesolutions.com
** Additional Purchase Required
All Specifications Subject to Change
About Brother Mobile Solutions
Brother Mobile Solutions, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Brother International Corporation which had revenues of approximately $1.5B in fiscal year 2006. Brother International Corporation and its subsidiaries employ over 1,100 people in the Americas. For more information, visit www.brothermobilesolutions.com .
SOURCE: Brother Mobile Solutions