Canon U.S.A. Launches imageFORMULA ScanFront 300e/300eP With Nuance eCopy ShareScan For Fast And Easy Document Distribution
New Solution Creates a Seamless Integration of Paper Documents into Existing Networks, Workflows and Applications.
LAKE SUCCESS, NY – Providing a versatile and powerful document automation solution Canon U.S.A., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today launched the ScanFront 300e and ScanFront 300eP networked document scanners featuring Nuance eCopy® ShareScan®, a leading paper-to-digital scanning and workflow software. Building upon the successful ScanFront 220e and ScanFront 220eP models, the easy-to-use ScanFront 300e/300eP scanners are powered by eCopy ShareScan to leverage an imaging and capture platform, which increases options for information sharing and improves collaboration.
The ScanFront 300e/300eP scanners can be used as dedicated document scanners, or as complements to Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE devices running eCopy ShareScan in heterogeneous environments. The scanners are ideal for a variety of organizations, including legal, financial, education, government, healthcare, and other sectors that can benefit from capturing and sending documents through their seamless integration with existing business processes and workflows. Through the adoption of a paper-to-digital workflow, businesses can save time with instant and secure access to scanned documents as part of an Enterprise Content Management (ECM) system, and through simple document distribution via network, e-mail, fax server, and more.
eCopy ShareScan is a leading document scanning and workflow solution for networked printers and scanners. eCopy ShareScan provides organizations with everything they need to automate their paper-to-digital workflows, letting office workers scan paper documents easily and securely using existing investments in network scanning devices. The solution also offers versions that scale to meet the price/performance requirements for workgroups, departments and global enterprises.
“The combination of Canon’s ScanFront 300e/300eP and Nuance eCopy ShareScan offers businesses a great way to enhance their productivity,” said Sam Yoshida vice president, Marketing, Business Imaging Solutions Group, Canon U.S.A. “Quicker access to important data will help our customers deliver high-quality results while benefiting from more efficient, lower-cost workflows.”
“Nuance is focused on technologies that deliver a combination of productivity and value to help propel businesses to success,” said Chris Strammiello, vice president of worldwide marketing for the Nuance Document Imaging Division. “eCopy ShareScan and the Canon ScanFront 300e/300eP offer customers precision and efficiency in managing their document lifecycles.”
Key features of the imageFORMULA ScanFront 300e/300eP scanner include:
- Simple Use: The ScanFront 300e/300eP scanners include a color touch-screen that lets users easily select scanning functions and preview digitized documents. The scanners also employ the intuitive eCopy ShareScan user interface, helping to simplify device usage.
- Easy Deployment and Management: The ScanFront 300e/300eP scanners are compact, scalable solutions that plug directly into any Ethernet network, eliminating the requirement for separate dedicated PCs. Using ShareScan Administration Console, system administrators can remotely manage and configure multiple scanners, or a mixed deployment including imageRUNNER ADVANCE devices with eCopy ShareScan installed, from a central location.
- Efficient, Seamless Integration: The ScanFront 300e/300eP scanners are compatible with both Microsoft ® and Novell ® infrastructures and can use existing network address books including Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Notes, LDAP, and databases such as Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL, and Oracle ®. A wide variety of optional Business Application Connectors (sold separately) allow users to send scanned documents directly into business applications. Connectors are available for ScanFront 300e/300eP scanner integration with applications such as Microsoft SharePoint, OpenText Fax Server RightFax Edition, EMC Documentum, and more.
- High-Quality Image Capture: Capable of single-pass duplex scanning at up to 27 pages per minute (ppm)1, the ScanFront 300e/300eP scanners capture high-quality color, grayscale, and black-and-white images. Their page separation mechanism and slant-path document feeding help to ensure smooth and reliable handling of various types of documents, including wallet-sized plastic cards and long documents. Their compact design with built-in color touch screen maximizes desk space and lets users easily select scanning functions and preview digitized documents.
- Enhanced security: The ScanFront 300e/300eP scanners support native integration to Microsoft Active Directory and Novell eDirectory for log-in authentication to help prevent unauthorized access. The scanners can also create audit trails, including activity logging and document tracking. And the ScanFront 300eP scanner is additionally equipped with a fingerprint reader for device-level user authentication.
The ScanFront 300e/300eP scanners have features that qualify them to be part of Canon’s Generation Green program,2 including the fact that they meet ENERGY STAR® guidelines for energy efficiency and comply with the EU RoHS. Furthermore, Canon complies with WEEE directives for reduction of hazardous substances and waste products in connection with the scanners.
The new ScanFront 300e/300eP scanners are available immediately only through authorized Canon dealers for a manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) of $2,095 for ScanFront 300e, and $2,395 for ScanFront 300eP. 3
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. With approximately $45.6 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents registered in 2011† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World’s Most Admired Companies in 2012. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest levels of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss.
About Nuance Communications, Inc.
Nuance Communications, Inc. is a leading provider of voice and language solutions for businesses and consumers around the world. Its technologies, applications and services make the user experience more compelling by transforming the way people interact with devices and systems. Every day, millions of users and thousands of businesses experience Nuance’s proven applications. For more information, please visit www.nuance.com.
†Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
1Examples based on typical settings, rated in pages/images per minute with letter-sized documents, portrait feeding direction, up to 200dpi in black and white. Actual processing speeds may vary based on PC performance and application software.
2 For additional information please visit www.usa.canon.com/app/html/GenerationGreen/index.html
3Prices specifications and availability subject to change without notice. Actual prices are set by individual resellers and may vary.
SOURCE: Nuance Communications