Caringo Object Storage Success, 10X Jump in Sales from Last Year
In 2012 – multiple multi-PB customers, OEM partner sold over 35 petabytes Hi
AUSTIN, Texas — Caringo, the leading provider of object storage software, today announced that it has completed its most successful year ever. Caringo attributes their success to the overall strength of the object storage marketplace, which is being driven by emerging industry trends in the fields of cloud storage, research, healthcare, government, life sciences, email and file archiving.
With the increased adoption of public and private cloud services and the need for cost effective yet accessible storage that provides rapid performance on commodity hardware, Caringo is ideally positioned to capitalize on the growth in object storage as it moves from enabling technology for early adopters to the future of storage for the mass market. This past year saw Caringo increase the number of petabytes sold by more than 10 times over 2011. In 2012, the largest customer started with 15 petabytes, and multiple customers purchased over 10 petabytes each. Additionally, its largest OEM partner sold over 35 petabytes.
"2012 will be looked upon as the tipping point for the object storage market and our successful growth this year can be directly attributed to our position as a leader within that space," said Mark Goros, CEO of Caringo. "The largest storage providers in the industry today understand that only object storage can satisfy the demands for cloud services and Big Data. This is a trend that’s accelerating, and our accomplishments this year have set the stage for continued large magnitude growth in 2013."
In addition to record setting growth, 2012 was also the year that Caringo extended its technological leadership position within this space with several new advancements including:
- Any number of 9s data durability and optimized footprint with CAStor® 6.0 and Elastic Content Protection (ECP), which provides the storage industry's most-comprehensive data protection functionality, allowing organizations to meet any storage SLA, optimize deployment footprint and enhance data accessibility regardless of content size and capacity. ECP uses replication and erasure coding and leverages Caringo's automated health monitoring and recovery to optimize responsiveness as capacity grows.
- Robust insight and control over content with Caringo Indexer, adding real-time NoSQL indexing and the ability to perform ad-hoc searches of content within CAStor by name or metadata. The Indexer enhances the CAStor API adding the ability to perform granular searches and can be accessed directly or through the included Indexer Portal, a web-based application that provides instant, graphical insight and control over content stored in a CAStor cluster.
- A complete cloud storage service enablement stack with Caringo CloudScaler™, software that extends the Caringo Object Storage Platform, providing everything needed to deliver a highly scalable, cloud storage service with secure metering and monitoring, in a private or public configuration.
- Virtual Machine editions of the entire Caringo product suite, enabling organizations to rapidly deploy and scale the market leading object storage solution.
- Unrivaled support for the open cloud with the seamless integration of CAStor as an enterprise-ready object store for Apache CloudStack 4.0 to enable cost-effective, rapidly scalable storage for any cloud storage use through CloudStack; as well as the introduction of CAStor for OpenStack, which gives organization an option to include a more-robust, fully supported object store while still benefitting from the progress of the OpenStack community.
Based on current growth, pipeline and overall object storage benefit awareness, 2013 is primed to grow at an even faster pace. Cloud storage and Big Data will continue to drive the need for object storage. While the consumerization of IT and the velocity of file-based data creation will drive organizations to object storage’s always accessible, scalable and efficient characteristics.
Caringo software gives enterprises everything they need to deliver private cloud storage or cloud storage as a service. The solution combines efficient object storage technology with elastic content protection, intelligent and automatic distribution and centralized management under a global namespace on your choice of commodity hardware. The result is a secure and compliant unified pool of storage that can expand or contract capacity and object count to meet any operational or business requirements – all at cloud economics and secure in your datacenter.
SOURCE: Caringo, Inc.