Cisco CCNP Service Provider Certification Validates Professional-Level Skills For Deploying and Optimizing IP Next-Generation Networks
Cisco Service Provider Certification Portfolio Delivers Job-Ready Capabilities to Help Ensure Performance, Reliability and Security of Networks
Cisco recently announced the availability of its Cisco CCNP Service Provider certification developed to validate the skills and knowledge of network engineers to deploy and optimize a next-generation carrier-grade network capable of rapid expansion to support new managed services.
With rapidly evolving service provider network infrastructures and increasing customer requirements, it is imperative for service providers to have highly skilled personnel in the latest core, transport, and edge technologies relevant in the industry today. The CCNP Service Provider certification coupled with the recent release of the CCNA Service Provider and current CCIE Service Provider certification provides networking engineers with a complete training and certification portfolio in IP next-generation networks (IP NGN).
- Professional-level CCNP Service Provider courses and exams deliver a deep understanding of major components of service provider networks and IP NGN infrastructure for delivering managed services.
- The training enables candidates to gain extensive hands-on experience in configuring and troubleshooting Cisco carrier-grade networking devices using native Cisco IOS and IOS XR operating systems.
- The certification validates an individual¹s ability to implement, validate end-to-end and optimize technologies including carrier routing (BGP, IS-IS, OSPF, Multicast), SP core network services (QoS, MPLS, MPLS-TE) and SP edge network services (Layer 2 VPNs, MPLSLayer 3 VPNs, Carrier Ethernet).
- The certification is composed of the following courses and exams: o SPROUTE (642-883): Deploying Cisco Service Provider Network Routing o SPADVROUTE (642-885): Deploying Cisco Service Provider Advanced Network Routing o SPCORE (642-887) Implementing Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Core Network Services o SPEDGE (642-889) Implementing Cisco SP NGN Edge Network Services
- Jeanne Beliveau-Dunn, vice president and general manager of Learning@Cisco, said: ³Service providers seeking to transform into Œexperience providers¹ must be able to offer fully integrated and personalized voice, video and data services to anyone, anywhere, anytime using any device. The Cisco Service Provider certification program validates the capabilities of network engineers with the latest core and intelligent edge technologies in order to deliver a scalable carrier-grade infrastructure capable of rapid expansion to support the ongoing introduction of new managed services.²
- Aleksandar Ristoski, Backbone Network department manager, Tusmobil, Slovenia, said: ³The SPCORE and SPEDGE courses are a must-have for anyone wanting to get a deep understanding of a Cisco powered IP/MPLS backbone. The material and labs covered in the SPCORE and SPEDGE courses are essential for any network professional that handles IP/MPLS-powered SP networks.²
- Find out more about CCNP Service Provider Certification today at:
- CCNP Service Provider Certification exams are available now through Pearson Vue: http://www.vue.com/cisco/ € Training courses are available through Cisco Authorized Learning Partners:
Technorati Tags: Talent Development, Cisco Certified, Network, Certifications, IT Certifications, Cisco, Cisco Learning Network, Education, CCNP, Learning@Cisco, Service Provider, Next Generation Networks, IP NGN, Carriers
About Cisco Systems
Cisco is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
SOURCE: Cisco Systems