Citrix recently announced that it has closed the acquisition of Bytemobile, a leading provider of data and video optimization solutions for mobile network operators. As announced on June 7, 2012, Bytemobile will form a new Service Provider Platforms team within the Citrix Cloud Networking product group. The acquisition will give Citrix a key foothold in the operator market and create an important new on-ramp for its cloud networking business.
Chris Koopmans, formerly chief operating officer of Bytemobile, has been appointed vice president and general manager of Citrix Service Provider Platforms, which will be part of the Citrix Cloud Networking group. Koopmans will direct operations focused on building solutions for Citrix mobile networking and telecommunications customers. Citrix will continue to serve and support Bytemobile’s global customer base of more than 130 operators.
With the acquisition of Bytemobile, Citrix will enable operators to deliver an unparalleled user experience to mobile subscribers, while managing exponential growth in network data traffic with high performance, visibility and efficiency.
Citrix plans to discuss the financial details of the acquisition during its second-quarter 2012 results teleconference.
For more information on Citrix, visit www.citrix.com.
For more information on Citrix Cloud Networking, click here(http://www.citrix.com/English/ps2/products/product.asp?contentID=2323749).
• Announcement: Citrix Enters Mobile Data and Video Market with Acquisition of Bytemobile(http://www.citrix.com/English/NE/news/news.asp?newsID=2325412)
• Announcement: Citrix and Bytemobile Partner to Develop Scalable Solutions for Mobile Operators(http://www.citrix.com/English/NE/news/news.asp?newsID=2321695)
• Expert Blog: Citrix toughens NetScaler to tackle demanding telecom environments(http://blogs.citrix.com/2012/06/28/citrix-toughens-netscaler-to-tackle-demanding-telecom-environments/)
• Expert Blog: Mobile Workstyles + Cloud Services = Citrix(http://blogs.citrix.com/2012/06/07/mobile-work-styles-cloud-services-citrix/)
• Expert Blog: Bytemobile and Citrix NetScaler: Powering Video Chat with My Kid(http://blogs.citrix.com/2012/04/18/bytemobile-and-citrix-netscaler-powering-video-chat-with-my-kid/)
Citrix transforms how businesses, people and IT work in the cloud era. Market leading products for collaboration, virtualization, and networking allow Citrix to enable mobile workstyles and power cloud services for 100’s of millions of people every day. We service over 260,000 organizations with over 10,000 business partners in 100 countries. Annual revenue in 2011 was $2.21B. For more information, vsit www.citrix.com.
Based near Citrix Silicon Valley headquarters in Santa Clara, Calif., Bytemobile has approximately 300 employees, including product, sales and services teams around the world. In addition to optimizing mobile data and video traffic, Bytemobile solutions enable mobile operators to differentiate data service plans based on a wide variety of factors, including quality of experience and subscriber usage. With a presence in the networks of more than 130 operators in 60 countries worldwide, Bytemobile customers serve more than 2 billion subscribers and process more than 20 petabytes of mobile data traffic through their networks daily.