Does Your POS Line Card Pass This Test?
By Mike Monocello, editor-in-chief, Business Solutions magazine
If you're struggling to remain relevant in today's changing world of retail IT, it's probably time to take a look at the lineup of solutions you're offering. No longer is it adequate to simply sell a POS hardware bundle. Based on conversations I've had with successful profitable VARs and industry experts whose opinions I trust, here are the offerings that tomorrow's successful retail IT VAR provides. In no particular order:
- interactive digital signage
- mobile POS solutions for employees
- wireless infrastructure (to get that mobile POS working securely)
- wireless activations
- video surveillance
- loyalty and mobile/social marketing
- e-commerce/omnichannel platform
- network (read: PCI) security audits/monitoring
- payment processing
How does your current line card compare? Not only will many of the above solutions provide you with new revenue streams, many provide recurring revenue, which is one big step toward increased profitability, remaining relevant, and not just staying in business, but thriving.