Eaton's Intelligent Power Manager Is Now A Plug In For Citrix XenwareSource: Eaton Corporation
This video demonstrates how Eaton's Intelligent Power Manager (IPM) plugs directly into the Citrix XenCenter dashboard, providing a variety of refined power management features and enabling IT personnel to view, monitor, and administer not only physical and virtual servers but also UPSs, PDUs, and other power devices through a single console.
As the video describes, with the IPM plug-in for XenCenter, organizations with virtualized server infrastructures can now significantly reduce their exposure to downtime and data loss due to power outages while still enjoying all of the many benefits server virtualization has to offer.
IPM plugs directly into XenCenter, enabling IT personnel to view, monitor and administer not only physical and virtual servers but UPSs, PDUs and other power devices through a single console.
By implementing IPM, IT managers can also:
- Automatically assemble a global, consolidated view of their backup power and power distribution infrastructure
- Monitor and manage power hardware both inside and outside the data center, even on an outlet-by-outlet basis for some devices
- Shut down affected servers and network devices gracefully and automatically during extended utility failures, protecting unsaved work and preserving data integrity
- Receive real-time notification of uninterruptible power system (UPS) and power distribution unit (PDU) trouble signs, such as deteriorating performance or an overheating battery
- Significantly reduce the cost and complexity of rolling out new commands, features and functions by executing mass management card firmware upgrades over the network
- Measure power consumption to help calculate power usage effectiveness (PUE), a widely-utilized metric for gauging data center power efficiency
Eaton's IPM supervisory software is also compatible with VMware ESXi, Microsoft SCVMM, and Linux KVM, and can be downloaded free of charge. To learn more, please visit: http://alturl.com/bdg3a