Datasheet: Emprise 5000Source: Xiotech Corporation
In this Challenging Economy
you may be struggling to meet growing data storage needs with a budget that is most likely shrinking. It's time to rethink data storage from the ground up.
As with any purchase, you don't want to pay for features you don't need, you want to get everything you pay for, and you want it all for the lowest possible cost. And with regard to storage, rule #1 is to keep your data safe. Xiotech gives you all this and so much more.
The Solution: Emprise 5000
Xiotech's Emprise 5000 system is a revolutionary concept in data storage. It is built on patented Intelligent Storage Element (ISE™) technology—a perfectly balanced building block of performance, reliability, and scalability. With its unique architecture, Emprise 5000 delivers the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) of any storage area network (SAN) or SAN-like system on the market.
What Does Emprise 5000 Offer?
- A flexible storage building block—attach one directly to a server or many via a switch.
- More IOPS, important for database, messaging, and Web serving applications.
- Greater throughput for applica tions like data warehousing and decision support.
- Dense capacity—use 30 percent less space for the same amount of storage.
- Linear scaling of performance and capacity.
- More than 100 times the reliability of traditional disk drives—never replace a drive again.
- Minimal attention or tuning needed.
- Lowest TCO in the industry.
Back to Basics: Don't Pay for What You Don't Need
Typical SAN systems come with high-level functionality you may not need, and all that functionality adds to the price tag. It also consumes performance and introduces a lot of complexity, which often requires high-priced administrators. Emprise 5000, on the other hand, is a flexible, foundational building block of storage. It is a complete, self-enclosed virtualized storage solution that you can configure to meet your unique needs or optimize for a specific application. It provides superior capabilities in the dimensions that matter most: performance, reliability, ease of use, and cost.
Start Small, Grow Big
You can start with a single Emprise 5000 system directattached to a server. It is easy to deploy and requires little ongoing administration. As your needs grow, simply add a switch and plug in more Emprise 5000 systems. You even can use your Emprise 5000 system(s) as the foundation for a full-featured Emprise 7000 SAN solution.
You can grow your storage network virtually without limits, without ever losing your investment.