FalconStor Delivers The Fastest Backup And Deduplication Solution In The Industry
FalconStor VTL 7.5 Offers Speed and Flexibility with More Deduplication Choices Than Anyone Else, Optimizing Data Protection for Reliability and Efficiency
FalconStor Software, Inc., the market leader in disk-based data protection, recently announced the latest version of FalconStor Virtual Tape Library (VTL), offering an expanded set of powerful deduplication methods and industry-leading performance. FalconStor VTL 7.5 provides customers the flexibility to optimize backup for speed and efficiency by tailoring deduplication processes to the needs of their environment while delivering twice the deduplication rate of any competing solution.
FalconStor VTL 7.5 offers customers an array of deduplication options, including inline, concurrent, post-processing or no deduplication – and the flexibility to deploy them in multiple configurations to match types of data and available storage. In addition, customers can deploy FalconStor Turbo deduplication with post and concurrent processing, reducing input/output (I/O) cycles and boosting performance up to 300 percent. In performance tests of a four-node cluster configuration, FalconStor VTL 7.5 demonstrated the fastest sustained deduplication speeds in the industry: more than 28 terabytes per hour with inline deduplication and more than 40 terabytes per hour with post processing.
“Our rock-solid global deduplication solutions deliver on-demand scalability of performance and storage capacity, helping customers minimize backup windows,” said Darrell Riddle, senior director of product marketing for FalconStor Software. “We have all the right functionality to allow customers to optimize their IT infrastructure, align data protection processes with business goals, and effectively manage data growth. More efficient storage and optimized operations not only save money but helps businesses walk a greener path.”
Additional FalconStor VTL 7.5 Enhancements:
- Improved scalability and performance with the Symantec Open Storage Technology (OST) platform with the introduction of OST .Next, allowing up to two million backups in an eight-node cluster – making years of critical data immediately available when needed.
- Scalable by either adding nodes or adding storage – an option not available from other deduplication vendors – allowing customers to scale two different ways and dramatically reduce future storage spending while improving efficiency.
- Easy expansion of data repository nodes, lowering the cost of initial storage investment while providing capacity to grow with business demands.
- Reduced memory requirements achieved by replicating only unique data, increasing the efficiency of LAN and WAN environments.
- Advanced security options with extended Advanced Encryption Standard (AES), tape-shredding functionality, full replication encryption, and the addition of Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) support for government agencies.
"Companies can no longer manage their unabated data growth using traditional backup solutions such as tape," said Robert Amatruda, research director, data protection and recovery at IDC. "FalconStor VTL 7.5 provides customers with the benefit of leveraging disk for backup and flexible deduplication options to address their ever-changing data protection requirements.”
“Our customers are looking for data protection solutions that will ensure their critical data is safe and always available in the most efficient way possible, with high performance and low cost,” said Chris Young, manager of advanced technology at Netrix LLC., a FalconStor channel partner. “FalconStor VTL 7.5 gives IT managers a comprehensive set of flexible backup and deduplication options that allows them to create the fastest, most efficient backup and data management systems for their environments.”
Availability and pricing
FalconStor VTL 7.5 is available immediately as software only, a fully configured appliance or a virtual machine. Pricing ranges from $2,500 to $4,500 per terabyte under management depending on the configuration.
About FalconStor Software
FalconStor Software, Inc. is the market leader in disk-based data protection. The company’s mission is to transform traditional backup and disaster recovery into next-generation service-oriented data protection. Built upon an award-winning platform, FalconStor solutions deliver disk-based backup, continuous data protection, WAN-optimized replication and disaster recovery automation. FalconStor solutions are available through a worldwide network of partners, including solution providers, top-tier strategic partners and major OEMs. Thousands of customers worldwide, from small businesses to Fortune 100 enterprises, entrust their data to FalconStor solutions. FalconStor maintains headquarters in Melville, N.Y., and offices throughout Europe and the Asia Pacific region. For more information, visit www.falconstor.com.
SOURCE: FalconStor Software, Inc.