In the Jan 2013 issue of Business Solutions magazine, we reviewed seven RMM platforms. In the time since, a lot has changed. To keep you up-to-date, we’ve reached out to each vendor to obtain updates on their products. Remote Technology Management (RTM), an MSP based in the Boston area and headed up by CEO Eric Brown, performed the original testing over a four-week period. Brown, along with his team of technology consultants, tested seven RMM tools and shared feedback on the highlights and lowlights of each one. To view the original product test results, which compares all seven RMM products, click here.
Since Jan 2013, what are the most significant changes to your RMM platform?
- REMOTE BACKGROUND MANAGEMENT – Real-time connectivity to end-client devices for management and remediation; includes Remote Command Line, Remote Process Control and Remote Service Control.
- MOBILE DEVICE MANAGEMENT – Manage Android & iOS –based devices. (Windows Phone already under development.) Both Company-Owned & BYO devices are accommodated. Management also includes free Building Blocks marketing material to help sell Managed Mobile Device services.
- SERVICEDESK - new help desk and customer service solution with integrated ticket-creation in RemoteManagement.
- Integrated AV, integrated cloud-backup, integrated auto-ticketing/customer service, integrated remote access (both interactive [TeamViewer] & non-interactive)
- Do you offer NOC services? 3rd Party supported
- Yours or a 3rd party? 3rd Party
- NOC location(s): North America
- Agent/Agentless/Both? Agent
Which mobile platforms do you support for monitoring? Android / iOS
Any changes to your pricing structure since Jan 2013? No
Read the GFI MAX 2013 Review
Return to Table of Contents