"Hire Like You Just Beat Cancer" Book Endorsed By Channel Executives
In the newly published book Hire Like You Just Beat Cancer, proven hiring best practices are shared through the inspirational story of a business executive rebounding from cancer. The book’s author is Jim Roddy, the president of Jameson Publishing and Business Solutions magazine.
“When I was a young manager, I thought I understood the importance of hiring top-notch people,” writes Roddy. “Then I got cancer. Being forced to step away from my co-workers for an extended period of time (with one of the options being stepping away forever), made me truly realize that the people you hire make or break your business. The lessons I learned when cancer knocked me down helped build me up as a hiring manager, and I apply those lessons aggressively every time I interview a potential employee.”
The book has received praise from numerous executives, hiring managers, and human resources experts, including these channel executives:
- Steve Cuntz, President, BlueStar
- Justin Scopaz, VP and General Manager, Ingram Micro Data Capture/POS Division
- Mark Olson, President, APG Cash Drawer
- Will Atkinson, CAP Software
- David Gosman, CEO, PC America
- Jeff Riley, CEO, Dinerware
- John Giles, President/CEO, Future POS
- Dale Seefeldt, President, Tulsa Cash Register
- Jason Cowan, President, Cowan’s Retail Systems
- Dean Crotty, President, North Country Business Products
- Brad Holaway, President, Copperstate Restaurant Technologies
- Joe Finizio, President & CEO, Retail Solutions Providers Association (RSPA)
To read what these executives said about Hire Like You Just Beat Cancer, go to www.HireLikeYouJustBeatCancer.com/index.php/Reviews.
In Hire Like You Just Beat Cancer, readers can take note of short, easy-to-digest chapters filled with detailed examples and time-tested best practices that hiring managers can implement immediately at their organizations. The book also features several lists that hiring managers will find helpful:
- 258 Tremendous Interview Questions
- 6 Emotional Outcomes the Interview Should Strive to Achieve
- 17 Character Traits to Hold Out For
- 9 Communication Skills of Excellent Hiring Managers
- 6 Critical Thinking Steps for Pre-employment Interviews
- 16 Hiring Rules of Thumb
- 7 Effective Recruiting Tactics
Roddy, the president of business magazine publisher Jameson Publishing, has educated leaders through national magazine articles, online columns, webinars, podcasts, video interviews, and presentations at national conferences since 1999. Roddy joined Jameson Publishing in 1998 as the managing editor for Business Solutions magazine. He was elevated to operations manager in 2002 and then to president/general manager in 2006. Roddy is regularly requested to speak at national conferences and moderate keynote panel discussions featuring executives from companies such as HP, NCR, and IBM.
Hire Like You Just Beat Cancer is available for sale in paperback through www.HireLikeYouJustBeatCancer.com or www.Amazon.com. A portion of the proceeds from the book’s sales will be donated to The Kanzius Cancer Research Foundation and The American Cancer Society through Coaches vs. Cancer.
SOURCE: Business Solutions Magazine