How Are Your Peers/Competitors Doing? SYNNEX Has Some Answers.
During the morning session today at the SYNNEX 2013 National Conference, the 1600 attendees had the opportunity to take part in a survey on their businesses. During a panel discussion, the audience voted in real time, with the panel commenting on the results. Here are the results from the Greenville, SC, conference:
What is your outlook for 2014?
- Flat: 3 percent
- 1 to 5 percent growth: 23 percent
- 6 to 10 percent growth: 33 percent
- More than 10 percent growth: 41 percent
What is driving your business today?
- Product refresh: 24 percent
- Increasing efficiency, lowering costs: 15 percent
- Growing existing customers: 16 percent
- New technologies and customers: 26 percent
- New verticals and customers: 20 percent
Notebooks and tablets: which is more true?
- Desktop replacement will keep notebook sales strong: 10 percent
- Notebooks continue to grow; tablets are the net new business: 57 percent
- Tablets will lower notebook sales: 27 percent
- Tablets will only be in play because of specific apps (niche): 6 percent
What is the solution category driving cloud opportunities?
- Infrastructure as a Service: 22 percent
- IT as a Service: 27 percent
- Software as a Service: 45 percent
- Platform as a Service: 7 percent
What is driving cloud adoption?
- Application availability: 29 percent
- Operating costs/costs savings: 50 percent
- Automated provisioning: 8 percent
- Meeting variable workloads: 8 percent
- Compliance/regulations: 5 percent
So, there you have it. How do you compare?