HP Helps Retailers Deliver Exceptional In-Store Experience
HP MX10 Retail Solution enables retailers to easily transition between mobile and fixed point of sale with one integrated solution
HP recently announced the HP MX10 Retail Solution to help retailers easily transition between a mobile and fixed point of sale solution, giving them the flexibility to meet customer needs anytime, anywhere.
Designed for retail and hospitality, the HP MX10 combines the HP ElitePad Mobile POS Solution (MPOS) and the HP Retail Expansion Dock into one integrated solution.(1) This gives employees the advantage of being mobile, allowing them to better serve customers anywhere in the store while also giving them access to a complete POS solution that includes receipt printing and access to a cash drawer.
“The timing is right for an integrated mobile retail solution to come to market,” Leslie Hand, research Director, IDC Retail Insights. “A point-of-sale solution that continues to support the speeds and feeds retailers require while improving ease of use and portability is precisely what today's retail environment demands.”
“Consumers are drawn to businesses that consistently meet their needs and expectations in satisfying ways,” said Ray Carlin, vice president and general manager, Retail Solutions Business Unit, HP. “With the HP MX10, retailers gain the advantage of a three-in-one solution that allows them to assist customers on the sales floor while still having access to a full POS solution.”
Seamless in-store experience, greater flexibility
The HP MX10 enables retailers to enhance customer engagement and improve in-store operations with key features including:
- Seamless integration to existing infrastructure. The HP MX10 is a Windows-based solution that seamlessly integrates into a store’s existing IT infrastructure to enable access to inventory and customer relationship management (CRM) systems.
- Connection to key POS peripherals. The HP MX10 provides retailers with connectivity via serial, USB and RJ-45 ports, allowing them to use the store’s existing POS peripherals.
- Maximum user comfort and adjustability. With the dual hinge arm, the HP MX10 supports adjustable tilt and height, providing maximum comfort for sales associates at the register or on the shop floor.
- More sales opportunities with compact design. The HP MX10 features a slim design that allows retailers to free up valuable floor and counter space so they can promote more products.
- Dock, lock and walk away. With secured latching, a cable lock and counter security options, retailers can protect their mobile solution and the dock from theft.
Pricing and availability
The HP MX10 is planned to be available worldwide in January. Pricing is available upon request.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. With the broadest technology portfolio spanning printing, personal systems, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP delivers solutions for customers’ most complex challenges in every region of the world. For more information, visit http://www.hp.com.
(1)The integrated display resolution of ElitePad is below the threshold for snapping apps, a new feature that allows two Windows apps to be viewed simultaneously side by side. This feature may be enabled by attaching an external display that supports a screen resolution of 1,366 x 768 or higher.