HP Unveils New ProLiant Gen9 Servers To Help Customers Address Evolving Data Center Demands
New portfolio dramatically increases compute capacity and efficiency, speed of IT service delivery, and application performance
HP recently announced a new portfolio of HP ProLiant Generation 9 (Gen9) Servers that will help customers reduce cost and complexity, accelerate IT service delivery and enable business growth. With new technology features and workload-optimized design, the new server portfolio advances HP’s vision for compute, the future of data center technology.
IT organizations—under increasing pressure to quickly and efficiently deliver more applications and services, as well as store and deliver exponentially increasing amounts of data while reducing costs—are constrained by traditional data center and server architectures. The new HP ProLiant Gen9 Servers are designed to address these challenges, delivering flexible, scalable computing resources that are aligned to companies’ business goals. The combination of HP ProLiant Gen9 Servers and HP Technology Services help customers capitalize on compute innovations while confidently moving their traditional infrastructure to the New Style of IT.
The new HP ProLiant Gen9 portfolio is a major delivery milestone in HP’s compute strategy, which addresses IT demands with a vast pool of processing resources that can be located anywhere, scaled to any workload and available at all times. The servers are optimized for convergence, cloud and software-defined environments, and feature new technology innovations such as:
- HP-unique PCIe accelerators and HP DDR4 SmartMemory that increase compute capacity.
- Converged management across servers, storage and networking to enable a software defined enterprise.
- Faster setup, monitoring and firmware maintenance with reliable, secure and innovative embedded management, including UEFI and RESTful APIs for hybrid cloud environments.
- PCIe Accelerators, HP SmartCache and HP FlexFabric adapters that deliver improved performance.
“The rise of mobile, cloud, social and big data is driving the need for a new approach to the data center and its processing engine—the server—to enable successful business outcomes,” said Antonio Neri, senior vice president and general manager, Servers and Networking, HP. “HP created the x86 server market 25 years ago, and we have led this market ever since with innovations that have dramatically transformed the data center, such as HP Moonshot and HP Apollo. Today, we’re setting the stage for the next quarter century with HP ProLiant Gen9 Servers and compute, which combines the best of traditional IT and cloud environments to enable a truly software-defined enterprise.”
Unleash new possibilities for compute with HP ProLiant Gen9 portfolio
With the HP ProLiant Gen9 portfolio, which is designed to run modern workloads, enterprises will be able to support key business goals, such as delivering new mobile services to employees or customers in minutes, turning unique customer behavior data into actionable insight in seconds, and capitalizing on business opportunities in real time.
HP ProLiant Gen9 Servers span four architectures—blade, rack, tower and scale-out—to give organizations the ability to:
- Triple compute capacity and increase efficiency across multiple workloads at a lower total cost of ownership with design optimization and automation.(1)
- Accelerate IT service delivery and increase infrastructure provisioning up to 66 times faster when combined with HP OneView converged management features that will be available later this year.(2)
- Improve workload performance of business-critical applications up to four times to drive business growth with unique HP storage, memory and networking innovations.(3)
“With HP compute we can scale up to millions of transactions a day, deploy servers in virtualized environments in seconds and provision applications in minutes, all while anticipating our future needs,” said Harry Gunsallus, executive vice president and chief information officer, Redstone Federal Credit Union. “This has allowed us to cut down our mobile application development and deployment life cycle by 30 percent to 90 days (on average) and grow revenue 50 percent year over year to our technology and software consulting subsidiary, Redstone Consulting Group LLC.”
Additional details on the HP ProLiant Gen9 Servers will be announced at the Intel Developers Forum, Sept. 9-11 in San Francisco.
Pricing and availability
The new HP ProLiant Gen9 servers will be available through HP and worldwide channel partners beginning Sept. 8. Flexible investment and migration solutions including technology refresh, trade in, dual usage and transition services available from HP Financial Services.(4) Pricing will vary based on model and customer configurations.
For more information, visit www.hp.com/go/ComputeEra.
HP’s premier EMEA client event, HP Discover, takes place Dec. 2-4 in Barcelona, Spain.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. With the broadest technology portfolio spanning printing, personal systems, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP delivers solutions for customers’ most complex challenges in every region of the world. For more information, visit http://www.hp.com.
(1) HP internal comparison between HP ProLiant DL380 Gen9 vs. HP ProLiant DL380 G6.
(2) Based on anonymous customer results, including the “Achieving Organizational Transformation with HP
Converged Infrastructure Solutions for SDDC” report developed by IDC for HP, January 2014. HP Gen9 servers currently ship with Insight Control. Customers can purchase OneView today, but it is not compatible with Gen9 at this time. HP OneView will support Gen9 servers in late 2014.
(3) Based on HP SmartCache Performance testing done with equivalent controller in a controlled environment.
(4) Financing and service offerings available through Hewlett-Packard Financial Services Company and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively HPFSC) in certain countries and are subject to credit approval and execution of standard HPFSC documentation. Rates and terms are based on customer’s credit rating, offering types, services and/or equipment type and options. Not all customers may qualify. Not all services or offers are available in all countries. Other restrictions may apply. HPFSC reserves the right to change or cancel this program at any time without notice.