Motorola Solutions' TC55 Touch Computer Wins The Red Dot Product Design Award 2014
Smartphone looks and enterprise functionality unite in this innovative mobile computer
Motorola Solutions, Inc. has been honored with the Red Dot Product Design Award 2014 for the TC55 touch computer. International experts evaluated 4,815 entries from 53 countries and selected the top designs that represent quality and innovative strength. The TC55 will be presented at the Red Dot Design Museum in Essen, Germany, in a special exhibition from July 8 – Aug. 3, 2014.
- The TC55 merges the features of a traditional enterprise-class mobile computer with the form factor and functionality of a smartphone running the Jelly Bean version of the Android operating system (OS).
- Designed for the field service, merchandising, and direct store delivery (DSD) markets, the TC55 is a complete business solution, featuring a thin design without compromising the capabilities or durability expected from an enterprise mobile device.
- It offers an advanced capacitive 4.3-inch high-resolution touch screen that is brighter both indoors and outdoors, consumes less energy and dynamically adjusts to the environment, enabling input with a bare or gloved finger or a stylus – even if the screen is wet.
Curt Croley, managing director of innovation & design, Motorola Solutions
“With Motorola Solutions’ focus on practical innovation, the Red Dot award-winning TC55 touch computer was designed with the friendliness and usability of a smartphone, but built for enterprise needs. It has an integrated scan engine for fast, accurate data capture and a high capacity battery that can withstand the daily wear-and-tear of industrial environments.”
- Website: TC55 touch computer
- Website: Motorola mobile computers
- Website: Red Dot award
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI.” For more information, visit www.motorolasolutions.com.
SOURCE: Motorola Solutions, Inc.