New Integrated EMC Software Solutions Advance Patient Care, Reduce Healthcare Costs
EMC Corporation today announced the availability of its EMC Documentum Integrated Patient Record solutions , specifically designed to transform how healthcare organizations worldwide can access and manage patient information. The set of solutions increase efficiencies in delivering patient care, reduce costs and help healthcare organizations ensure regulatory compliance.
Typically less than 50% of a patient's health information is available in an electronic format. Integrated Patient Record solutions, also known as Hybrid Medical Record solutions, enhance existing patient information by aggregating, sharing and optimizing data, for a complete patient-centric view. This not only reduces costs, but improves clinical satisfaction and enables regulatory compliance and improved patient privacy.
EMC Integrated Patient Record solutions are comprised of the following offerings:
- EMC Document Imaging for Medical Records: Supports the transition from paper to indexed electronic medical records through automated recognition, classification and indexing of information, creating digital images that can be linked to the patient's existing electronic health record.
- EMC Medical Image Sharing and Management: Enables organizations to share, access, and manage medical images such as x-rays, MRI, CT, etc., in an interoperable, vendor-neutral environment.
- EMC Virtual Patient Information Repository: Provides holistic view of patient-related documents to include audio, email, digital photos and other electronically produced information. This complete electronic patient information enables healthcare organizations to analyze and collaborate for improved clinical and financial efficiencies and enable regulatory compliance.
The IPR solutions leverage EMC technologies, including EMC® Documentum® xCP , EMC® Captiva® , and EMC® Document Sciences , to capture and share disparate patient data and optimize their processes by analyzing the aggregated information. Based on open standards, IPR enables hospitals, healthcare insurers, and government agencies to securely deliver the right information in the right context to the right person, laying the foundation for leveraging advances such as telemedicine and mobile health (mHealth), and optimizing patient care. EMC uses best practices, insight and cutting-edge tools to optimize care delivery, empowering healthcare organizations to build internal expertise and center of excellence over time with EMC Consulting and its ecosystem of implementation partners.
An early adopter of this EMC technology, Jan Yperman Hospital in Belgium cares for 30,000+ patients a year, with more than 1,000 employees and 550 beds across three sites.
Francky Deleu, CIO, Jan Yperman Hospital:
“As one of Belgium's busiest and respected hospitals, we needed to consolidate all healthcare documents into electronic form to form a complete, patient-centric view and enable its access and sharing across sites. By deploying EMC's solution, we're able to manage, share, and archive critical clinical and non-clinical information without having to worry about future migrations and upgrades of our existing applications and hardware. We have significantly reduced costs and achieved our goals of enhancing hospital-wide access and productivity.”
Lalith Subramanian, Vice President, Technology & New Ventures, Information Intelligence Group at EMC
“ Healthcare organizations are pressured to optimize patient care by utilizing the latest advances in medicine while simultaneously reducing the cost of care through electronic sharing of patient information. Although EPR adoption is steadily increasing, only a portion of a patient's health information is available electronically, and is often incomplete and stored in multiple repositories. The EMC Documentum-based solutions enable the secure exchange of comprehensive patient information throughout the healthcare organization, and across the continuum of care. Most importantly, information liquidity - getting the right information to the right people at the right time and on the diversity of mobile and other device form-factors in use today - is critical to improving healthcare outcomes.”
Momentum – the IIG European Users Conference
The EMC Documentum Integrated Patient Records solution will be on display at Momentum, the IIG European Users Conference, November 5-8, 2012 in Vienna. For more information, please visit: http://www.momentumeurope.com .
- Learn more about EMC Integrated Patient Record Solutions
- Join the EMC Documentum communities on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, SlideShare, the EMC Community Network
- Join the EMC Captiva communities on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and SlideShare
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com
SOURCE: EMC Corporation