PAR Announces The Introduction Of The PAR Tablet 8
Mobility Designed for Hospitality & Retail Applications
ParTech, Inc. (PAR), a subsidiary of PAR Technology Corporation recently announced the release of the new PAR Tablet 8. With PAR mobile solutions deployed in over 5,000 locations in the last 2 years, PAR has developed a unique understanding of the challenges operators and retailers face with mobile solutions and their success. This knowledge was critical in designing a tablet solution that combines the best of consumer and enterprise technologies to improve operational efficiency and provide greater customer engagement.
“Our history of deploying and supporting mobile solutions gives us a unique viewpoint to provide global customers with a solution that they can feel confident in managing their business,” said Karen E. Sammon, President of ParTech, Inc. “The PAR Tablet 8 is designed to be a small and lightweight tablet while offering the versatility to meet the ongoing payment and loyalty demands in any hospitality or retail location.”
“Tablets in the hospitality and retail markets will continue to grow at over 30% per year for the next 3 years with mobile POS driving the majority of this growth,” said Greg Buzek, President of IHL Group. “With these new mobile solutions, customers now have options beyond consumer tablets that enable them to effectively transition to mobile technology and reliably run their business.”
“The newly introduced PAR Tablet 8 product based on the Intel Atom processors is a great match for retail and hospitality environments”, said Michelle Tinsley, director of mobility and secure payment solutions, Retail Solutions Division, Intel. “The smart back technology provides a platform with versatility for different payment options such as EMV and mag stripe as well as supporting bar code and RFID reading for inventory management, product look up and customer support”.
PAR Tablet 8
Using the Company’s 35 years of experience in the hospitality and retail industries, PAR is introducing a tablet that is specifically designed to meet the demanding requirements of these markets. The PAR Tablet 8 is designed with the specifications and characteristics that offer the optimal combination of features to meet the mobile needs of a hospitality or retail operation.
- Small, lightweight & reliable – The PAR Tablet 8 is the perfect balance of size and reliability and can easily be used in one hand while being able to withstand the demanding hospitality or retail environment.
- Long battery life - With up to 10 hours of real world use, the tablet can be used throughout the day.
- Supported and Backed by PAR – PAR offers comprehensive support and service options with the PAR Tablet 8 – providing the peace of mind that customers expect from PAR.
- Software Partner Ecosystem Support – The PAR Tablet 8 supports the company’s PixelPoint, TSR, ATRIO Guest Experience Management and SureCheck applications and PAR is closely working with independent Software Vendor (ISV) partners to provide an enhanced guest experience for customers with the tablet. Currently ISV’s in support of the PAR Tablet 8 include: Brink POS, Gateway Ticketing, ShipRite, TCPOS, Vista and many more.
- Global Payment & Loyalty Options – With integrated NFC and barcode reading with the camera and the ability to connect different Smart Back Cover MSR and EMV payment modules to the tablet – hospitality and retail outlets will have the flexibility to best meet their payment and loyalty needs.
- Low Total Cost of Ownership - The PAR Tablet 8 enables less downtime for users to reliably run their businesses and to interface with customers versus consumer products. Based on Microsoft’s Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry operating system and Intel Architecture, organizations will realize lower costs for security and support over the life of the tablet. The PAR Tablet 8 has a production lifecycle model of up to 4 years. The same model can be utilized for an entire technology cycle versus updating every year. All of this equates to the greatest value and return on the enterprise’s mobile technology investment.
“For devices such as the PAR Tablet 8, Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry brings industry functionality that extends the full Windows experience, enabling partners to bring powerful line of business experiences on industry devices,” said David Wurster, Group Product Manager, Windows Embedded at Microsoft. “We believe that PAR’s customers will appreciate being able to ensure their devices are optimized for the enterprise-wide intelligent systems, allowing them to get business critical information to the right people at the right time.”
The PAR Tablet 8 enables new ways for hospitality customers to provide a better guest experience and more return visits. Some of these include
- Mobile POS – Whether the tablet is used to take orders at the counter, in a drive thru, at a stadium, on an outdoor patio, or at the table in a restaurant – the tablet can provide faster, more accurate and higher sales.
- Customer Engagement & Service – Whether this is for assisted selling in a retail environment, up selling in a restaurant or reducing wait times to check in/out of a hotel – the tablet provides opportunities to more fully engage with your customers.
- Table Management & Wine Lists. Provide wait list and reservation management anywhere within a restaurant to better serve your customers. Replace paper wine lists with a tablet to increase sales and provide a great experience.
- Ordering & Loyalty Station. Offer a dual purpose device on a wall or counter for consumer access for personalized and faster ordering, loyalty programs participation and surveys.
- Manager/Store Associate Tablet. Enable manager access to information anywhere on the store floor or utilize as a portable training tool for associates
The PAR Tablet 8 and accessories will be globally available the week of June 23, 2014 in 48 initial countries to PAR customers and partners with the payment accessories being generally available in the third quarter of 2014. For more information, visit www.partablet8.com.
About PAR Technology Corporation
PAR Technology Corporation’s stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol PAR. PAR’s Hospitality segment has been a leading provider of restaurant and retail technology for more than 30 years. PAR offers technology solutions for the full spectrum of restaurant operations, from large chain and independent table service restaurants to international quick service chains. PAR’s Hospitality business also provides hotel management systems with a complete suite of powerful tools for guest management, recreation management, and timeshare/condo management. In addition, PAR offers the spa industry a leading management application specifically designed to support the unique needs of the resort spa and day spa markets, a rapidly growing hospitality segment. Products from PAR also can be found in retailers, cinemas, cruise lines, stadiums and food service companies. PAR’s Government Segment is a leader in providing computer-based system design, engineering and technical services to the Department of Defense and various federal agencies. For more information, visit www.partech.com.
SOURCE: PAR Technology Corporation