Perceptive Software Releases Perceptive Interact For Microsoft Outlook
Interact for Microsoft Outlook allows users of Perceptive Content to capture and access content and execute workflow processes through their familiar Outlook interface.
SHAWNEE, Kan. – Perceptive Software, creator of process and content management products and solutions, announces the availability of Perceptive Interact for Microsoft Outlook. Interact for Microsoft Outlook allows users of Perceptive Content to capture and access content and execute workflow processes through their familiar Outlook interface.
Perceptive Interact for Microsoft Outlook makes it easy for users to capture valuable business information at the point which it is received, treating email content as a business asset that is acted upon and processed in the same ways as other enterprise content. This allows users to capture more of their critical business information, enabling enterprise collaboration, increasing user productivity and improving enterprise content management (ECM) adoption.
“Email is the lifeblood of many organizations and is key for collaboration across the enterprise,” said Brian Anderson, Chief Technology Officer, Perceptive Software.” Perceptive Interact for Microsoft Outlook is another example of how we’re delivering on our vision of a comprehensive, easy to use solution for automation of all key business operations, regardless of document type, volume or complexity.”
Among the business challenges that Perceptive Interact for Microsoft Outlook solves are:
- Scattered information: In most organizations, vital business information is spread across multiple inboxes, resulting in information silos, tribal knowledge and the risk of losing valuable information.
- Inefficient business processes: Heavy reliance on email for driving business processes can result in a lack of collaboration, control and visibility, along with redundant information and process steps.
- Email retention challenges: Proper management and retention of email is critical in today’s business environment. Yet email retention policies often force all emails to be treated the same, resulting in increased risk and compliance challenges.
Key features of Perceptive Interact for Microsoft Outlook include:
- Users can easily drag and drop email messages, attachments or both into the appropriate content model, eliminating manual steps and reducing errors and lost information.
- Managed content is stored in Outlook’s native MSG format and can be accessed directly through Outlook, allowing users to reply to or forward an email long after it has been deleted from their inbox.
- Email content is treated the same as other content and may be placed under version and retention policy management, submitted into a business process as well as indexed for full text searching.
About Perceptive Software (www.perceptivesoftware.com)
Perceptive Software, a Lexmark company (NYSE: LXK), builds a complete family of intelligent capture, content and process management, enterprise search and integration products that connect enterprise applications to the processes and information outside those applications, providing the visibility and control needed to improve financial performance, reduce risk and ensure future flexibility.
SOURCE: Perceptive Software