Riverbed Announces New SteelCentral Product Releases In The Industry's #1 Performance Management Suite To Simplify Web Application Monitoring
Riverbed SteelCentral AppResponse 9.0 and NetProfiler 10.6 allow IT teams to share data more easily, identify trends faster and make performance data quickly actionable
Riverbed Technology, the leader in application performance infrastructure, recently announced new product releases in its Riverbedâ SteelCentral product family (formerly known as OPNET and Cascade), SteelCentral AppResponse 9.0 and Riverbed SteelCentral NetProfiler 10.6. The SteelCentral product family is the only performance management suite that combines user experience, application and network performance management (APM/NPM) to provide the visibility needed to detect and resolve issues before end users notice. AppResponse 9.0 and NetProfiler 10.6 include new capabilities to simplify web application monitoring so IT teams can share data more easily, identify trends faster and make performance data more relevant to users. New features in these releases include a web console, out-of-the-box and customiza ble dashboard templates and a global view of the end-user experience. Together, these new features provide diverse IT teams with a holistic picture of end-user experience for web applications across the network resulting in improved IT efficiency, enhanced business continuity and revenue preservation.
SteelCentral solutions are recognized by Gartner as the only “Leader” in the Magic Quadrants for both Application Performance Monitoring (2013) and Network Performance Monitoring and Diagnostics (2014).
“Users expect and businesses rely on network operations teams to ensure optimal performance for critical applications – otherwise, employees can’t work, product developers miss deadlines, sales can’t sell and customers don’t buy,” said Nik Koutsoukos, Senior Director Product Marketing, SteelCentral. “Effectively managing network performance in today’s globally complex networks – that include data centers, public and private clouds and virtualized environments –requires an integrated view that gives all relevant teams visibility into and control over network and application performance. This enables organizations to deliver applications in whatever way is most effective without regard to technical constraints, network limitations, IT complexity or user location or device. We call this location-independent computing, and only Riverbed can deliver true end-to- end visibility and solve latency and bandwidth issues – all required ingredients for delivering location-independent computing.”
“ we can now see what’s going on inside Web apps and Web services,” said Thomas Thomassen, server administrator for Hemit, a large health care provider in Norway. “This helps us a lot when we troubleshoot incidents related to performance and hang.”
New in SteelCentral AppResponse 9.0:
- Customizable web app monitoring. Business-critical applications are increasingly being delivered as web applications that are difficult to monitor with legacy NPM tools. This release allows IT to tailor analysis, reporting and monitoring for custom Web applications.
- New web console with Quick Views. Simplifies the set up and analysis of information empowering collaboration between teams with easy ways to share data and identify trends faster.
- Geographic end-user experience views. Employees and customers access web apps from all over the world, on all sorts of devices and network types. AppResponse 9.0 shows how performance at a glance across the globe – by location, browser, device and platform type – so IT can focus triage efforts on the most critically affected users.
- IPv6 support. For organizations starting to leverage IPv6 for external connectivity, AppResponse 9.0 provides visibility into IPv6-enabled application performance, packets and response time so IT can monitor IPv6-enabled applications the same as IPv4 apps.?
New in SteelCentral NetProfiler 10.6:
- SteelCentral Dashboard integration. SteelCentral Dashboards provide teams across the IT organization with an integrated view of the complete picture – application code, infrastructure performance, network issues – but also enables them to drill down into domain-specific tools for additional detail. SteelCentral NetProfiler has been integrated with SteelCentral Dashboards to provide network-specific details such as Top Interface and Top Talker information, with seamless, contextual drill down.
- Dashboard templates. Similar to AppResponse Quick Views, NetProfiler dashboard templates simplify setup to deliver baseline visibility so that different teams can be on the same page and share common views right away.
- Riverbed SteelCentral is the only performance management and central management suite that combines user experience, application and network performance management to provide the visibility needed to diagnose and cure issues before end users notice a problem, call the help desk to complain or jump to another web site out of frustration. Riverbed SteelCentral is part of the Riverbed Application Performance Platform.
In a world where application performance equals business performance, Riverbed offers the most complete platform to enable organizations to embrace location-independent computing, so that business objectives – not technical constraints – drive how applications and data are delivered. The Riverbed Application Performance Platform is a set of integrated solutions that give companies the flexibility to host applications and data in the locations that best serve the business while ensuring the flawless delivery of those apps to better leverage global resources, radically reduce the cost of running their business and maximize employee productivity.
Both SteelCentral AppResponse 9.0 and SteelCentral NetProfiler 10.6 are currently available.
Riverbed at more than $1B in annual revenue is the leader in Application Performance Infrastructure, delivering the most complete platform for Location-Independent Computing. Location-Independent Computing turns location and distance into a competitive advantage by allowing IT to have the flexibility to host applications and data in the most optimal locations while ensuring applications perform as expected, data is always available when needed, and performance issues are detected and fixed before end users notice. Riverbed’s 25,000+ customers include 97% of the Fortune 100 and 95% of the Forbes Global 100. For more information, visit www.riverbed.com.
SOURCE: Riverbed Technology