SMBs Need More Than Just BackupSource: Axcient
Small and medium businesses (SMBs) need to keep their businesses up and running just as much as larger companies. Yet, they are challenged by several limitations when seeking out a solution that meets their mission-critical data recovery, application uptime, and data retention needs. These include:
- Limited funds
- Limited IT resources
- Limited/inadequate solution options designed for SMBs
With these challenges in mind, this paper identifies and explores the following:
Top 5 Evaluation Criteria for SMB Data Protection And Business Continuity Solutions
- Recoverability: How quickly and completely does the solution deliver data recovery and server recovery? Does it meet both recovery time objectives and recovery point objectives?
- Comprehensiveness: Does the solution offer a complete, integrated range of data protection, business continuity (data, application or server continuity), disaster recovery, and archiving services?
- Ease of Use: Does the solution provide non-disruptive deployment, management (set it and forget it), and ongoing operation (simple recovery and failover/failback)?
- SMB-specific Focus: Is the solution truly designed for SMBs? Or is it an unwieldy and expensive retrofit of a solution meant for large enterprises or an under-featured consumer solution being sold to SMBs? Does the solution offer business-class functionality in a form factor that meets the simplicity and ease of use requirements of SMBs? Does the vendor have a user base of small and medium businesses?
- Affordability: Is the solution cost-effective to implement from day one and over the long term? Does it offer a pay-as-you-grow approach?