Taming The Beast – A 15-Minute Guide To Records ManagementSource: EMC Corporation
As an enterprise professional with strategic responsibilities, time is your most precious commodity. When you want information, you want it fast and you want it concise. With that in mind, we’ve developed a series of 15-Minute Guides to essential topics in information governance.
This guide focuses on the compliant management of formal company records, a vital component of your overall content strategy. It is written as a companion to our 15-Minute Guide to Retention Management, which deals with preserving day-to-day, or “typical” content.
The discussion includes:
- The increasing challenge of complying with government regulations and legal discovery
- Distinguishing formal records management from simple/typical records retention
- Automating and federating the management of electronic records
- How to prevent an excessive focus on recordkeeping from stalling your business
- Extending records management to employ “file intelligence” for efficient business processes
Along the way, we’ll see how EMC® Documentum® Records Manager offers a unique and innovative solution that builds on the underlying strengths of the Documentum platform