Top 10 Tweets From Ingram Micro's Solutions Summit
By Jim Roddy, president
Ingram Micro's Solutions Summit, held Oct. 5 to 6 at the Sheraton Meadowlands in East Rutherford, NJ, brought together resellers and vendors from data capture, point of sale, mobility, digital signage, and physical security technologies. As you can see from the top 10 tweets sent during the event, the topics of offering total solutions (such as adding physical security to your linecard) and partnering with other resellers to expand your offerings dominated the event.
1. 90% of our business this yr came from partnerships. We don't have an outside sales staff anymore. Sherlock Systems at #imss11
2. The good thing about VAR partnerships is they lead to more than one sale. It doesn't stop. Lowry Computer at #imss11
3. The IP shift in physical security is happening. A manufacturing rep here at #imss11 told me IP is 40% of his business now, was 10% 2 yrs ago.
4. VAR at breakout says he's sold physical security to existing customers, tie in w/network system they previously sold them. #imss11
5. "How fast can retail change? Where was Groupon 2 yrs ago?" Nelson Gomez of @HP_Retail at #imss11
6. "Mobile Manager" New techs allow retail mgrs. to get on the floor. Frank Riso @MotoRetail #imss11
7. RFID in apparel industry is really taking off. Grocery is last place we'll see RFID. Frank Riso @MotoRetail #imss11
8. When selling vs. an analog dealer, change the conversation from # of security cameras to quality of video. #imss11
9. VARs who can most accurately predict the future THRIVE. Bill Nulf, TE Touch Solutions at #imss11
10. Potentially 16-18% growth in self service. Brian Wiser @IngramMicroInc #imss11