Unitrends Delivers Strong Q2 2014; On Track To Reach $100M In Annual Revenue
More than 900 customer additions, Yuruware acquisition and industry-first DRaaS offering punctuate company’s 22nd consecutive quarter of record growth
Unitrends, the fastest-growing multi-environment data protection and disaster recovery company, recently announced that it has achieved its 22nd consecutive quarter of record growth following a strong performance in Q2 2014.
Unitrends’ sustained success can be attributed to its ongoing commitment to offering flexible data protection solutions for heterogeneous environments, providing 100 percent disaster recovery assurance and delivering the best customer support in the data protection industry. Key highlights from the quarter include:
- 51 percent worldwide bookings growth, Q2 2014 over Q2 2013
- 770 percent increase in bookings throughout Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Q2 2014 over Q2 2013
- 122 percent managed service provider (MSP) recurring revenue growth, Q2 2014 over Q1 2014
- 928 new customer additions, totaling nearly 12,000 customers worldwide
- 45 new hires, totaling nearly 400 employees across the globe
Following Unitrends’ December acquisition of PHD Virtual, an innovator in virtual backup and disaster recovery assurance solutions, the company has become a virtual data protection heavyweight. Sales for Unitrends Enterprise Backup, a software-only virtual appliance, and Unitrends Virtual Backup, backup software for VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V and Citrix XenServer, grew 100 percent, the first half (H1) of 2014 over H1 2013. Bookings for ReliableDR, a disaster recovery tool providing automated recovery failover, failback and testing, grew more than 2,000 percent, H1 2014 over H1 2013.
Cloud Investment and Disaster Recovery Assurance Remain Top Priorities
In May, Unitrends acquired Yuruware, an Australia-based innovator of data protection technology for Amazon Web Services (AWS), OpenStack and other public clouds. With Yuruware’s technology, Unitrends is able to extend the company’s core backup and disaster recovery offerings to third-party public clouds. As a result, customers can not only protect physical, virtual and converged systems in hybrid clouds, but also quickly recover their IT infrastructure in multiple environments.
Following its acquisition of Yuruware, Unitrends announced the industry’s first 100 percent disaster recovery assurance guarantee alongside its new hybrid cloud Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) offering. Unitrends DRaaS leverages the company’s proven ReliableDR, Unitrends Enterprise Backup and Unitrends Bridge technologies to provide a first-of-its-kind, automated business continuity solution that guarantees full recovery of entire IT infrastructures in the cloud within hours of a declared disaster.
Also in the quarter, Unitrends launched its Unitrends Certified Recovery Suite and greatly enhanced the software powering its portfolio of physical and virtual data protection solutions.
“The technology advancements we’ve made in Q2 illustrate our continued commitment to providing customers with an unprecedented ability to easily configure the right mix of on-premise, second site and cloud backup and disaster recovery solutions that address their unique data protection needs,” said Mike Coney, Unitrends’ president and CEO. “Throughout 2014, our focus will remain on delivering the industry’s most flexible options for backing up and restoring data, systems and applications anywhere, anytime.”
In June, Unitrends made its debut in Gartner, Inc.’s “Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Backup Software and Integrated Appliances.”i Unitrends was also included in DCIG’s “2014-2015 Integrated Backup Appliance Buyer’s Guide.”ii
Unitrends’ partner program, customer support team and innovative technology were also recognized throughout the quarter by the following awards programs:
- Network Products Guide’s Hot Companies and Best Products Awards 2014 – UniRewards, Unitrends’ partner loyalty program, was named a gold winner in the “Best Partner Retention Program of the Year” category. Unitrends Enterprise Backup and Unitrends’ Recovery-943 physical appliance were bronze winners in the “IT Products and Services for Medium-Sized Enterprises” category.
- The Stevies 2014 American Business AwardsSM – Unitrends won a Silver Stevie Award in the “Customer Service Department of the Year – Computer Software – 100 or more employees” category.
- Customer Sales & Service World Awards 2014 – Unitrends was named a bronze winner in the “Customer Service or Contact Center Department of the Year” category.
- CRN’s 2014 Virtualization 50 – Unitrends was included in CRN’s “annual list of the virtualization vendors – established players and startups – that need to be on the channel's radar.”
Unitrends provides physical, virtual and cloud-based protection and recovery for every organization’s most valuable assets: its data and applications. Supported by a “crazy-committed” customer service model based on engagement, experience and excellence, the company consistently achieves a 98 percent customer satisfaction rating and helps everyone play IT safe by delivering the best cost-to-value ratio in the data protection industry. For more information, visit www.unitrends.com.