Airwatch Releases Updates To Android And iOS Agents
Airwatch recently announced that its Android 3.1.x and iOS 4.0 updates are now publically available.
Android 3.1.x updates include:
- AirWatch Telecom Service App — samples and transmits device call logs, SMS logs, and cellular data usage to IT administrators
- AirWatch Kiosk Application — locks down devices to show only whitelisted applications while restricting access to all other apps and settings
- AirWatch Secure Browser — manage corporate browsing by blacklisting/whitelisting certain web pages or limiting access to an individual page as a kiosk
- AirWatch HTC Enterprise Service App — add-on application that activates support for HTC Pro enterprise features for select HTC devices
- AirWatch Lenovo Enterprise Service App — add-on application that activates support for Lenovo enterprise features for select Lenovo devices.
iOS 4.0 updates include:
- Redesigned AirWatch MDM Agent UI — reorganized user interface; new device tab provides central view of device information; view device status information including compromised status and enrollment status
- Message center — view messages that have been sent to the device and view compliance notifications that have been sent to the device and allow check-in
- Advanced telecom tracking — capture and transmit total data usage and minutes used
- Enhanced compliance detection — detect when location services are disabled on device and prompt user to enable.