Asigra Introduces First Enterprise-Class Cloud-To-Cloud Backup & Recovery Solution
TORONTO – Asigra Inc., a leading Cloud Backup, Recovery and Restore (BURR) software provider since 1986, today unveiled Asigra Cloud Backup™ v12. Now the first and only backup solution to backup all enterprise data into a single consolidated repository, Cloud Backup v12 breaks new ground with cloud application support (SaaS and PaaS), industry-leading mobile endpoint support, advanced virtual disaster recovery for VMware environments and anytime/anywhere data recovery across the enterprise.
What's New in Asigra Cloud Backup v12:
- Cloud-to-Cloud Backup - The latest generation software from Asigra redefines cloud backup with enterprise-class support for cloud application data. As an example, Asigra Cloud Backup now protects the complete Salesforce.com database, including accounts, contacts, leads, campaigns, and custom objects. When recovery is required, users have the option of recovering just the data or can recover both the schema and data. Users retain control of their Salesforce.com backup data and maintain security with AES 256 encryption in-flight and at-rest.
- Anytime – Anywhere - Any Device Recovery - Asigra Cloud Backup v12 is the industry's first and only solution with the ability to backup and recover all enterprise data into a single repository. This includes the most comprehensive range of endpoint target coverage, including support for Windows, Linux and Mac desktops and laptops, Android/iPad tablets, iPhones, and Android smartphones. Enhancements include support for non-rooted Android devices for complete recovery of call logs, settings, applications, SD card data, calendar, alarm clock settings, music, SMS/MMS communications, bookmarks, photos and videos. With powerful recovery performance options, users are now able to recover any data to any location or device – immediately if required.
- High-performance Snapshot Support - Support for snapshots is also included in version 12, delivering more value by leveraging existing storage hardware investments. New capabilities include the ability to perform quick and efficient protection of large data sets (Big Data) using storage snapshots and a no-cost snapshot manager interface to catalog, configure and manage snapshots.
- Virtual Machine Disaster Recovery – Protection against virtual machine failures with backup copies of VMs and instant activation of backup copies. Remote site protection is provided with backup of VMs to offsite data center(s) with continued business operations as data is recovered to primary site.
Asigra Customer, Partner and Product Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/AsigraVideos
Asigra Cloud Backup is a secure, single end-to-end data protection software suite to protect data across physical, virtualized and cloud operating environments. The hardware and software agnostic solution can be deployed as a public, private and hybrid cloud either as enterprise software or leveraged as a backup service through managed service providers (MSPs). Asigra's device coverage includes storage, servers, desktops and the broadest range of mobile endpoint devices including laptops, tablets and smartphones. The solution is ideal for SMBs and enterprises challenged with compliance concerns where data security is assured with NIST FIPS 140-2 certification.
Expanding the Recovery Services Opportunity for MSPs
Version 12 expands the total addressable market for service providers with the ability to recover data regardless of where it lives. With OS, device and application agnostic recovery, a customer's need to manage and maintain multiple data recovery solutions comes to an end. Now service providers can recover all data when and where it is needed with a single software technology. Backup service providers Powered by Asigra will also be able to meet and exceed demanding recovery time objectives (RTOs) with multiple options to protect and recover data, including file or image based recovery, snapshots and virtual disaster recovery. Beyond a highly differentiated product offering, Asigra delivers value beyond software for MSPs/CSPs with comprehensive marketing support, up-sell/cross-sell opportunities, zero channel conflict, lower total cost of ownership (TCO) and industry-leading margins for the channel.
For more than 26 years, Asigra has remained 100 percent focused on its community of Service Providers (SPs), who deliver services Powered by Asigra or sell the software for private or hybrid-cloud deployment to their end customers. The company is committed to helping its partners become more agile and profitable by automating many of the manual management processes common with alternative technologies to reduce the cost of deployment, maintenance, license management and allocation of data recovery services.
- David Farajun, CEO, Asigra, Inc.:
"An advanced solution for the consolidated backup of physical, virtual, endpoint and cloud environments is here. Asigra Cloud Backup v12 is a powerful and encompassing data recovery technology that allows users to completely centralize all backup operations for the ultimate in confidence and control. This is essential for service providers who seek a competitive advantage while minimizing capital and operational costs and Asigra delivers on all counts."
- Dave Russell, Research Vice President, Gartner
"The cloud delivery model for backup/recovery is increasingly being considered for enterprise recovery requirements — especially for desktop/laptops and remote offices, and for some organizations that are seeking tapeless implementations 1.Technology providers that stake a claim in this area will be able to provide real value that fills a gap in the IT services mix."
- Jason Buffington, Senior Analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG)
"Nearly half of all IT environments are looking to the cloud for part of their data protection strategy. With even more companies of all sizes moving towards production services in the cloud (SaaS), technology providers who can offer a complete solution that protects customers' on-premise servers, endpoint devices and cloud-services are in a great position. Those that enable regional cloud providers and local channel partners to offer new services and value to their SMB customers are even better placed. Asigra meets all of those descriptions."
- Steve Evans, IT Director, OnDemand Recovery
"The new virtual disaster recovery offering further accelerates Asigra past comparable solutions, increasing the breadth and depth of the solution. Increasingly demanding service level agreements (SLAs) is the trend we see from end-customers and v12 delivers the functionality we need to meet the most pressing customer challenges."
- Tom Dugan, President & CEO, Recovery Networks
"Asigra Cloud Backup v12 will provide us with increased competitive advantage in a market littered with management-heavy point products that are limited in scope and value. The new features bring enterprise features to organizations of all sizes for increased recovery performance and protection depth."
Pricing and Availability
Asigra Cloud Backup™ v12 is available exclusively through Asigra Hybrid Partners. Pricing is available upon request.
Follow Asigra on Twitter at: http://www.twitter.com/asigra
Asigra is the leading cloud computing software vendor focused on backup, recovery and restoration with more than 550,000 global installations. Asigra Cloud Backup™ transforms the way businesses manage and protect their data by delivering seamless end-to-end data protection that efficiently scales and easily adapts to any IT environment. With more than 26 years of experience as backup/recovery pioneers, Asigra manages one of the largest business-class backup service provider ecosystems in the world who power their cloud backup services using Asigra technology and provide hands-on local service. Asigra is recognized by leading analyst firms as a top cloud storage vendor. Asigra Cloud Backup was recently recognized with the 2012 Frost & Sullivan North American Cloud Based Data Management New Product Innovation Award and named "Product of the Year" by Storage Magazine. Asigra was also awarded a 5-Star rating in the CRN Magazine 2012 Partner Program Guide, named a CRN 2012 Channel Chief, and also named a Best Channel Partner for 2012 by Business Solutions Magazine. Asigra is headquartered in Toronto, Canada, with offices globally. For more information, visit www.asigra.com
1Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Backup/Recovery Software, June 2012
Asigra and the Asigra logo are trademarks of Asigra Inc. All other brand and product names are, or may be, trademarks of their respective owners.
SOURCE: Asigra Inc.