Carbonite Invests In Channel Community With New Partner Program
World-class partner program follows new partner referral program and launch of Carbonite’s first channel-exclusive product for small businesses
Carbonite, Inc., a leading provider of hybrid backup and recovery solutions for businesses, recently introduced its new partner program at Microsoft’s Worldwide Partner Conference in Washington, DC. The Carbonite Partner Program is coming on the heels of Carbonite’s first channel-exclusive hybrid backup solution for small businesses and its new partner referral program, and is proof of the investment the company is putting into the channel.
The Carbonite Partner Program provides channel partners with the resources and opportunities they need to serve their small business clients and grow their businesses. The new program is the result of more than six months of planning and significant input and feedback from longtime and potential Carbonite partners.
“Our increased focus on the partner community has been a big strategic shift, and not one that we’ve taken lightly,” said David Maffei, Vice President of Global Channel Sales, Carbonite. “We’re not the company who just talks about our dedication to the channel, we are taking action to provide our partners with everything they need to build and grow relationships with their small business clients – from new products with disruptive pricing to marketing programs that will help them reach new and existing clients. Based on feedback from the channel partners we’ve worked with to develop this program, we know we have created a world-class partner program that shows our commitment to the channel.”
Benefits of the Carbonite Partner Program
The Carbonite Partner Program allows partners to keep their small business clients in business, and provides resources to help partners grow their own businesses. The three-tiered program includes the following benefits:
- Sales and technical training: All partners are given access to online training for sales and technical staff.
- Market development funds (MDF) and co-marketing opportunities: Initiative based MDF is allocated to Platinum and Gold partners, and co-brandable sales assets and marketing templates are available for all tiers.
- Deal registration: Carbonite Partners can receive an additional discount by registering an opportunity.
- Marketing syndication via SharedVue: Carbonite provides marketing content that can be syndicated on partners’ websites.
- Dedicated sales manager: Every Carbonite partner − regardless of tier − has a dedicated sales manager, ensuring partners always have someone who is familiar with their business.
- Tier 2 technical support: Carbonite partners are immediately escalated to Tier 2 support, ensuring they can help their clients recover from any issue quickly and painlessly.
Partner Program Follows Channel-Focused Initiatives
The Carbonite Partner Program builds upon recent investments Carbonite has made in its partner community. In April, Carbonite launched a partner referral program that makes it easier for channel partners to sell Carbonite to new and existing clients. More than 20 percent of Carbonite’s active partner base enrolled in the referral program within the first month it was available.
On June 18, Carbonite introduced its first channel-exclusive product – the Carbonite Appliance HT10, a hybrid backup and recovery appliance for small businesses. With on-site data recovery and automatic cloud integration, the Carbonite Appliance is designed to protect a company's most important asset: their data. The appliance offers bare metal restore for an unlimited number of servers, which helps partners preserve "business as usual” for their clients.
Carbonite Presence at Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference
Carbonite is demonstrating the Carbonite Appliance and providing information about the Carbonite Partner Program at the Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference 2014 (Booth #1901). For more information, visit www.carbonite.com/partners/partner-finder.
Carbonite is a leading provider of hybrid backup and recovery solutions for businesses. Carbonite offers a comprehensive suite of affordable services for data protection, recovery and anywhere, anytime access. More than 1.5 million customers, including 50,000 small businesses, trust Carbonite’s secure, easy-to-use cloud backup solutions and award-winning U.S.-based customer support. For more information, visit Carbonite.com.