CNG-OUTLOOK ModuleSource: Cabinet NG, Inc.
The CNG-OUTLOOK module provides a higher degree of integration between Outlook and Cabinet NG's document management solution. Capturing email can be invaluable where clients or customers interact with multiple individuals within a department or where it is desirable for an account representative to be able to review customer communications across departments. In addition, email can be located within the system using CNG's filters and full text search capabilities.
- Route Outlook email to customer folders automatically
- Store email and attachments unaltered for later recall or action
- Use retention policies to maintain email for required periods
- Track customer/vendor communications
- Make customer/vendor communications available as appropriate
- Locate email using CNG-SAFE's full text search capability
Email and email attachments can be easily filed in CNG-SAFE with drag-and-drop or through the Windows "save as" and "print" functions. The Outlook module enhances this basic functionality for Outlook users enabling email to be filed automatically based on user-defined rules.
The Outlook module is another tool to help companies conform to government rules requiring certain communications be retained for a given period. Once filed in the CNG document management system, companies have a convenient way to back up all records and can take full advantage of the system's lifecycle management tools to enforce retention policies. Access rights are highly configurable within the CNG-SAFE architecture and ensure only users with proper authority have access to these communications.