Ingram Micro Raises Record Funds At 16th Annual East Coast Charity Golf Tournament
Leading Technology Distributor Hosts Local Golf Tournament; Donates $200,000 to Five Local Charities
Buffalo, NY (Marketwire) - Ingram Micro Inc. (NYSE: IM), the world's largest technology distributor, showed its commitment to the local Buffalo community by raising more than $200,000 at its 16th Annual East Coast Charity Golf Tournament. The event, which raised its largest-ever amount, was held on Saturday, August 6 at The Links at Ivy Ridge in Akron, NY.
"Ingram Micro has a longstanding tradition of giving back to the communities in which we work and live, and this annual golf tournament is one of the best ways to bring our associates and business partners together to keep that tradition going," said Tom Bamrick, executive director, east and global sales Ingram Micro North America.
With the help of Ingram Micro business partners and sponsors, the tournament provided five charities with donations of $40,000 each:
- Wings Flights of Hope - an organization that helps people in need of free air transportation for medical and humanitarian purposes. Donated funds will be used toward the deposit on a plane that will transport sick children for treatment, military personal and their families.
- Hospice, Buffalo, NY - a group that provides hope, care and dignity to patients with a life-threatening illness and their families. Donated funds will be used toward a room named in honor of Ingram Micro's support.
- Wee Can Preschool - an integrated school for children with autism spectrum disorders, seizure disorders, feeding tubes, cerebral palsy, Down syndrome and many other special needs. Donated funds will go toward a sensory room to help further development.
- The Helping Kids to Smile (HITS) Foundation - a foundation that provides financial, facility and program support for underprivileged children and adults. Donated funds will go toward the cost of building a multi-sport complex in Springville, NY for disadvantaged and handicapped children to play hockey and other sports.
- Brian Moorman Punt Foundation - providing children affected by cancer and their families with opportunities and support to enjoy the life they fight so hard for. Donated funds will be used toward baseball uniforms and funds needed to maintain the baseball field behind Roswell Hospital for Children with Cancer.
This year's tournament drew 155 golfers, including Ingram Micro executives, associates, customers and vendors. Following the early-morning tournament, participants attended an awards banquet and presentation of the proceeds to the benefiting organizations. Tournament organizers also held a silent auction of unique items that were contributed by a variety of sponsors and member companies.
Marty Battaglia, senior director, sales, added, "We're very fortunate to be able to partner with our vendor community to benefit local charities in the Buffalo area. In the tournament's 16 years, we've raised more than $1 million, with this year being the largest amount raised in any given year. We are so grateful to all who participate and honored to be able to support these deserving charities."
The charity golf event was sponsored by many of Ingram Micro's strategic vendors and manufacturer representatives, including Add-on Computer, Castle Pines Capital, Cisco, D-Link, Eaton, Fortinet, HP and Juniper.
For more information about Ingram Micro's Community Relations activities, visit the Corporate Social Responsibility page of our company's website.
Follow Ingram Micro Inc. on Facebook at www.facebook.com/IngramMicro and Twitter at www.twitter.com/IngramMicroInc.
About Ingram Micro Inc.
As a vital link in the technology value chain, Ingram Micro creates sales and profitability opportunities for vendors and resellers through unique marketing programs, outsourced logistics, technical and financial support, managed and cloud-based services, and product aggregation and distribution. The company is the only global broad-based IT distributor, serving more than 150 countries on six continents with the world's most comprehensive portfolio of IT products and services. Visit www.ingrammicro.com.
SOURCE: Ingram Micro Inc.