RSPA To Sponsor Channel Transitions VAR/MSP Executive Conference
Special one-day event will focus on the “as a Service” business model.
June 27, 2013 – ERIE, PA and CHARLOTTE, NC – The Retail Solutions Providers Association (RSPA) has continued its commitment to educating the retail IT channel by agreeing to sponsor the Channel Transitions VAR/MSP Executive Conference. Business Solutions Magazine (BSM) will host Channel Transitions on Monday, Oct. 7, 2013, at The National Constitution Center in Philadelphia.
“We’re thrilled to partner with our good friends at the RSPA for this conference,” said Jim Roddy, the president of Jameson Publishing and Business Solutions. “The most important topic in today’s IT channel is resellers transitioning from break/fix to the ‘as a Service’ business model. Retail IT resellers especially are seeing hardware margins continue to shrink, and that’s a real threat to their business. The ‘as a Service’ business model can help, but resellers need to know what actions they should take. Channel Transitions will give them direction from leading VARs-turned-MSPs who have made the transition plus premier vendors who offer tools that help solution providers provide services efficiently.”
“As our industry’s technology and business models continue to evolve, providers of retail technology solutions need high quality relevant education,” said Joe Finizio, RSPA President and CEO. “The Channel Transitions VAR/MSP Executive Conference provides information and thought leadership critical to the ongoing prosperity of the retail technology channel. At RSPA, we see tremendous value in the education that will be presented at the Channel Transitions Conference and will strongly encourage our association’s solutions providers, and all retail technology solutions providers, to attend this inaugural event.”
Channel Transitions will feature real-world, nuts-and-bolts, headaches-and-heartaches discussions and success stories on the transition. In just one day, VARs, MSPs, and ISVs will:
- Learn how to fund the shift to “as a Service” without wrecking cash flow
- Understand effective pricing and bundling strategies
- Discover how leading MSPs market their business and overcome customer objections
- Learn secrets of hiring, training, and keeping reps focused on selling services
- Be exposed to new compensation models for reps and techs
- Demo new products, learn about new channel services, and get quality face time with leading vendors
- Meet new colleagues and connect with channel leaders
- Network with growth-oriented VARs and MSPs from New York City, Philadelphia, New Jersey, Baltimore, and D.C. areas
- Walk away with a plan to increase the equity value of your business
To register for the Channel Transitions VAR/MSP Executive Conference, visit www.BSMinfo.com/go/ChannelTransitions or contact Business Solutions Publisher Tim Ulrich at (814) 897-9000, ext. 245.
For more information:
Business Solutions Magazine: www.BSMinfo.com
Retail Solutions Providers Association: www.GoRSPA.org
SOURCE: Business Solutions Magazine and The Retail Solutions Providers Association