Websense Redefines Mobile Security By Combining Industry-Leading Web And Data Security With Device Management
Only mobile security solution that combines web security, data security, malicious app and mobile malware protection, with MDM features
RSA CONFERENCE – BOOTH # 1332 - More than half of the organizations recently surveyed report that unsecure mobile devices have caused data loss. Websense now makes it safe to go mobile by adding Websense TRITON Mobile Security to the highly effective TRITON suite of offerings.
Websense TRITON Mobile Security combines four key elements. First, content aware data security features prevent confidential data loss on iPads, iPhones, Android, and other mobile devices. Second, it provides real-time web and application security, policy controls, and reporting for added visibility into the mobile risk profile. Third, it prevents malicious app downloads and blocks mobile malware. And finally, it includes mobile device management (MDM).
"Today's mobile platforms put unprecedented power and information into the hands of end users. That opens a huge door for data theft and loss," said John McCormack, president, Websense. "As mobile devices become more pervasive and more employees bring their own smartphones and tablets to work, IT is being challenged like never before. They need to immediately protect data, and they need to establish and enforce security practices and policies. The new capabilities of the Websense TRITON Mobile Security solution go way beyond simple mobile device management to keep confidential information safe. Simply put, IT needs a solution that addresses data security and not just the device."
The new Websense TRITON Mobile Security solution controls mobile device security, risk, and compliance on mobile wireless networks and public Wi-Fi networks. Unlike MDM offerings, Websense integrates leading web, email, data, and mobile security with the award-winning and highly effective Websense TRITON platform.
With Websense TRITON Mobile Security, customers can confidentially enable the business while helping prevent data loss and IP theft, increasing productivity, reducing network exposure to vulnerabilities, and remaining compliant. It delivers mobile security via the cloud for remote workers anytime and anywhere. Reporting and controls, which are part of the unified TRITON management console, provide customers visibility into their mobile risk profile for devices, apps, data, and user activity. This visibility will include insight on which devices are connecting to the corporate network and to confidential information, what apps are on the devices, and what web activity and cloud applications may have put data at risk.
5 Characteristics of an Effective Mobile Security Solution
- Data security - Users are protected in real-time from data theft by cloud defenses with inline contextual analysis from within the Websense Advanced Classification Engine (see below). ACE uses composite risk scoring and real time analytics to deliver the most effective security available. It provides containment by analyzing inbound and outbound traffic that detects data-stealing attacks, mobile malware, malicious mobile apps, and updates.
- Web security - Web security protection includes blocking social lures, redirects to exploit kits, malware dropper files, and call-home communications. This protection is combined with controls for web applications and categories.
- Mobile DLP for email - Websense mobile DLP enables enterprise DLP controls for any mobile device. Email content and attachments that are considered high risk for mobile device access and storage are replaced with an administrator-configured email notice.
- MDM - Websense uniquely combines leading web and data security with MDM features including remote lock/wipe, password enforcement, app controls, and reporting.
- Compliance, policies, and reporting - The TRITON architecture provides a unified console to manage web, email, data, and mobile security policies to reduce administrative overhead and operational costs. Granular policies for users and groups provide support for enterprise-issued mobile devices and BYOD (bring-your-own-device) environments.
The proven security effectiveness of the Websense TRITON Mobile Security solution is based on ACE (the Advanced Classification Engine). Real-time inline contextual defenses within ACE use security, data, and content classifiers that adjust dynamically, based on composite risk scoring, for the most effective security available. Security intelligence and analytics in ACE come from the ThreatSeeker™ Network, which unites more than 850 million end points and analyzes 3-5 billion requests per day from social networks, websites, and email. Mobile app research on hundreds of thousands of apps also enables machine learning and analytics on permissions, commands, authorship, and other characteristics for effective mobile app security.
Websense TRITON Mobile Security is part of the Websense TRITON solution. The TRITON solution also offers unified web, email, mobile, and data loss prevention (DLP) security. They can be bundled together or purchased as standalone packages. They are available in enterprise-grade appliances, as cloud-based services, and as powerful and efficient hybrids of on-premise and cloud elements working together.
About Websense, Inc.
Websense, Inc. a global leader in unified web security, email security, mobile security, and data loss prevention (DLP), delivers the best content security for modern threats at the lowest total cost of ownership to tens of thousands of enterprise, mid-market and small organizations around the world. Distributed through a global network of channel partners and delivered as appliance-based software or SaaS-based cloud services, Websense content security solutions help organizations leverage social media and cloud-based communication, while protecting from advanced persistent threats and modern malware, preventing the loss of confidential information, and enforcing internet use and security policies. Websense is headquartered in San Diego, California with offices around the world.
SOURCE: Websense, Inc.